by nucgeekke

Original Post

[GT] Party invites, but no party

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accept an invitation to a party at the Ancient Ruins, Von Haunt Estate, or The Bluffs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Usually, but not always, the DJ booth, bar, and partygoers fail to spawn. Sometimes there will be one, sometimes the other. If I initiate a party at these locations, they spawn, but sometimes the DJ will fail to appear.
What do you expect to see? That everything needed for a party spawns correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is a very longstanding bug for me.  I have changed devices, uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired the game, etc.  I only started using mods/cc in the last year, but have had this issue for years.  Most of the time, I just decline the invites as it's a waste of time.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (496 Views)

Re: Party invites, but no party.

★★★★★ Apprentice

It was really hard to find this post for some reason. I had to get directed from the forum instead of finding it myself so I'm sure there are more who have this issue. 

I sometimes get invited to the Bluffs or Ruins but when I go there is nothing there, no DJ, no bar and no other sims. Without fail this is what I get. The party at the Van Haunt Estate I don't even get an invite for at all so I don't know if that one works or not. 

I have all packs except the kits and Home Decorator. It does not matter if it's a new or old save. Repairing the game doesn't not help. I don't play with any mods or CC.

Message 2 of 2 (438 Views)