Re: Party System - Voice still being heard yet I cant mute the person

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Party System - Voice still being heard yet I cant mute the person

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Party System - People who have a mic are not able to be muted yet you can still hear them in-game, this is a pain as I can't concentrate when we are using discord and can hear our teammates twice (This happens all the time to certain members we play with)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SN-GM_Yeke
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/06/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 16:21
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a few people to your group / squad (about 7) and use an external platform for VOIP, with that you MAY find the bug as it is really irritating
What happens when the bug occurs? The person in the squad is still broadcasting voice however cannot be muted
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to mute all squad players so we can use discord
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

If there is anymore i can do to help please drop me a PM as it is rather irritating, however I would say it may be better to enable "voip" options so you can disable your mic if you use external platforms

Message 1 of 11 (31,016 Views)

Yeah, we have this issue too when playing with the clan. It doesn't matter if you set a push to talk key in Origin, you'll still hear their microphone.The only thing that can be done is to either reform the group and hope it's enough, or just leave the group when you have joined the match.

Message 2 of 11 (30,943 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'd like to bump this up as it happened to me and four friends yesterday (Ewok Patch). I must add that it was very annoying, as it seemed for every new member added to the group, someone would gain or lose the ability to mute someone else, be it the newcomer or someone already in the group.

We were five, and it had funny situations like player A only can't mute B, and B only can't mute C, and C only can't mute A. Players D and E were unaffected. Or things like player C only can't mute players A and B, but both of them can mute everyone, player E only can't mute player A and player D only can't mute player C. Also, like I said previously, imagine players A, B and C are all in the group, but B can't mute C. Then D joins. Suddenly B becomes able to mute C, but C loses the ability to mute B, and D joined unable to mute A.

It was a big mess, and we resorted to origin calls to mute every microphone in-game. Whenever you start a call with someone on origin, it mutes you from everyone else in your group, and mutes everyone else in your group to you.

Message 3 of 11 (30,780 Views)

Champion

I also have this issue. My question is why they didn't set the default voice chat OFF. And if we can change it by the setting menu, it will help us a lot. Devil

Message 4 of 11 (30,768 Views)

Champion

@Sati_Sati wrote:

I also have this issue. My question is why they didn't set the default voice chat OFF. And if we can change it by the setting menu, it will help us a lot. Devil

I have had this issue when I join a group!.  Since Group Play will be more exciting, have you seen a fix.

@Ataashi

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 5 of 11 (30,621 Views)

Champion
@EA_Ataashi
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 6 of 11 (30,621 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

until they fix this (which will probably be never), you can always start a voice call by origin to any friend on your list, and be sure to set your mics volume in origin to 0. This way this voice chat won't produce any audio, and it'll also mute you to all members in your ingame group, as well as mute all of them to you.

This is how we cirumvent this BUG whenever it happens

Message 7 of 11 (30,604 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This still doesn't work for me.  I have mine set to PTT with mic volume at 0, yet I could clearly hear myself echoed back through others' speakers.  Some in the group I could mute, some I could not.  

Message 8 of 11 (30,506 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'd like to bump this Day 1 BUG which until this day, almost 2 years and a half later, hasn't been fixed yet.

It only happens less frequently with me because most of the people that played with me can't stand this game anymore because it's full of BUGs. But almost everytime I join a group with at least 3 people, I can't mute one of them.

Message 9 of 11 (23,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One way my friends have found that fixes this:

Person A invites Person B

Person B invites Person C

We've only tried it with 3 people but I'd imagine the same thing would work with more.

Message 10 of 11 (20,760 Views)