Pancakes House: Curtains in Photos that aren't in Live or Build Mode

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Pancakes House: Curtains in Photos that aren't in Live or Build Mode

★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs excluding two kits (BTD & CO)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a photo in the living room of the Pancakes house.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see curtains near the ceiling that you can't see otherwise, neither in build mode or live mode.
What do you expect to see? No phantom curtains in photos that can't be seen or removed from the build.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was doing a level gig for DHD at the Pancakes and when I took both the before and after photos there were curtains up at the ceiling (either the Puppet Theater Curtain or the Garbo Hanging, they look similar).  This was a modified version of the lot I had done however, I had only added things to the living room to make it toddler friendly.  I then went and checked in a different save where I had never edited the Pancakes' house and the same issue happened. When I first noticed this I did have MCCC in my game, but I took it out and deleted my localthumbcache file and I still noticed the same thing (I have no other mods or cc in my game).  I have never noticed it before but I have also never tried to take a photo of the Pancakes house with an in game camera (or using the phone, the same thing happens with the phone and the large camera). 

Here is what it looks like in the original house when you use a camera (it looks the same in my slightly modified version of the house):
No description available.

Here is what it looks like in live mode:

Here is what it looks like in build mode:

Here it is in my 'after photo' (cropped some out, but you can see the curtains at the top and they also don't sure in live or build mode):

While I discovered this because I was doing a renovation with DHD, I'm not sure that it is related to that. It really only affects photos of this room in the game. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 1 of 2 (499 Views)

Re: Pancakes House: Curtains in Photos that aren't in Live or Build Mode

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can confirm this bug exists in a Base Game Only save, no cc/mods, never used. I have never modified or even been in the Pancake's house in this save before.

Easily replicated via the camera phone (no skill in photography) and the Barely Better Digital Camera. Have Bob Pancake stand in the living room, choose "Take Photo" from the phone menu. 

Also tested with Eliza Pancake and phone camera, then had a sim with limited level 1 skill in photography (30%) visit the home and replicated with the Barely Better Digital Camera. 

All of the photos will have these phantom curtains. They only appear in the photos - not in Live mode nor in Build mode, so there is no way to get them out of the picture. There is nothing in the room above that could account for these, either. As shown in the photos from @MapleSimmer they appear on the walls at the front of the house and the exterior side wall - none are along the interior side or back wall. They also don't all line up with the windows or existing curtains.

Front wall:

TS4 Pancake house phantom curtains-front.png

Exterior side wall:

TS4 Pancake house phantom curtains-ext.png

Message 2 of 2 (440 Views)