Palpatine's basic attack does not always deal damage

by felker_s

Original Post

Re: Palpatine's basic attack does not always deal damage

★★★★★ Expert

Very strange, and I use palpatine oftenly, but never seen this. Of course his lightning gets the target even before it hits, there is a zone between miss and hit where the lightning does reach the target but doesn't inflict damage, but it isn't like in the yoda video provided. Also this is something interesting as blocking saber users do get their stamina drained when caught by this lightning that wouldn't hit, so blocking a lot against palpatine can drag those lightning that wouldn't hit to consume your stamina (Rey and Yoda shouldn't mind that though).

But If the crosshair's middle point touches the enemy's body it should hit, it has been like this to me since I started using palpatine in patch 1.1 Good footage you found on this @DYSPROssium

Message 11 of 18 (694 Views)

★★★ Novice

This bug is still happening.

Message 12 of 18 (629 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @SaberGuy,

Thanks for updating us on it! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 13 of 18 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I clicked 'me too', just want you all to know I've been through this experience and a few PS4 friends also. I hardly see Palpatine being pick because of this issue.  They thought that was the nerf lol

Message 14 of 18 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Here is a video w/time stamp of it happening to me: https://youtu.be/7OopsSUiPfcgE?t=83 can see I was dealing damage then nothing, yet see that electric-animation-glow was on him.
Message 15 of 18 (578 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Atic Can confirm (on PC) me and my friend whenever we pick palpatine, his lighting doesn’t do damage sometimes and it’s just terrible especially in showdown where it’s fast paced.
Message 16 of 18 (563 Views)

★★★ Pro

So after the May hotfix, not only this problem is present - still -, but now the abilities are bugged aswell. Chain lightning is just 100% useless, nothing even happens.

You did not nerf Palpatine - you broke him.

2DHY3Hx.jpg

Message 17 of 18 (519 Views)

EA DICE Team

image.png

The team is looking in to the issue, I have no new update currently. 

/Atic 

Message 18 of 18 (507 Views)