by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Paintings on easel blocking paths

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampire, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a painting on an easel (any will do) and let the sim go somewhere else for a moment, or save&exit the game and come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to get into the room/area with the easel the sim won't be able to get to/past it anymore. Trying to sell it gets the 'no available path' reaction, and if there's any other furniture nearby all interactions with it become impossible as well.
What do you expect to see? Paintings not blocking the path somehow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened a few times by now:

Sim finishes a painting and heads elsewhere (job, for example). If I try to get them or another sim to sell the painting from the easel, I get the 'no path' reaction. Sometimes this happens when I want to get the sim to bed and the easel is in the same room.

I can go into buy mode and move the painting to a wall and sell it thus, but that triggers the ongoing acting career bug.

So, it's the choice between getting an acting sim to a gig or having other sims starve in some cases.

Message 1 of 12 (723 Views)

Re: Paintings on easel blocking paths

Champion (Retired)

@MeltingPenguins 

I can not reproduce this. However if the painting is finished you can drag it in live mode to a wall and sell it from there. No need to enter build mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (691 Views)

★ Guide

Dragging it didn't work in those cases.

Message 3 of 12 (663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MeltingPenguins 

Then they appear to be unfinished. If clicked do you get an option to continue or scrap painting?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (645 Views)

★ Guide

No, they are all finished. I get the regular options, but when i go to sell them, the sim can't find a path there. Or in another case, I had the easel in the bedroom and the sim couldn't get to bed anymore.

Message 5 of 12 (624 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@MeltingPenguins 

Try moving the easel somewhere with more space around it.

Message 6 of 12 (605 Views)

★ Guide

no money to expand the house/ move yet

Message 7 of 12 (596 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MeltingPenguins 

You can always place the easel outside.

Message 8 of 12 (569 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Could you post a screenshot of your setting or upload the house tot he gallery ?

For me, going to build mode doesn't trigger the actor bug at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (527 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict this is what it looks like (not, the Scout board wasn't there the last time the bug occurred. but the rest is the same)

roomlayout.jpg

Message 10 of 12 (499 Views)