Re: Paintings dissapear

by Rachelharris31

Original Post

Re: Painting Bug

★ Expert
@jujupols does your sim have the perfectionist trait?
Message 41 of 51 (971 Views)

Re: Painting Bug

★★★★ Novice

Mine does. I don't know if it would only happen with them, but it does happen if he paints over it. I also had one painting that was similar to another masterpiece (same picture) be deleted off my wall when I sold the new copy of it. But this bug is more replicable. My bills were shut off, so I needed the money too.

Message 42 of 51 (920 Views)

Sims Autonomously Scrap Complete Paintings to Start New Ones

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator SPs: Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting Kits: Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a sim complete a painting. 2. Wait for sim to autonomously start a new painting. 3. Observe as the sim scraps the current painting to start a new one. 3b. You will see no simoleons gained, but simoleons lost indicating that the painting was not sold but scrapped in order to start the new painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever a sim autonomously starts a painting.
What do you expect to see? I'd expect to see one of the following: 1. Sims do not autonomously start painting if the easel is occupied by a painting. 2. Sims autonomously sell completed paintings and not waste their funds. (I like responsible, frugal sims, can you blame me.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have any videos, but it's a fairly simple bug (or unintended effect).  I will say that I didn't have it occur before the Likes/Dislikes update, so it may have something to do with that, but it is not connected to a sim liking/disliking painting.  The bug occurs regardless of opinion of painting.

Message 43 of 51 (896 Views)

Re: Sims Autonomously Scrap Complete Paintings to Start New Ones

Hero
@Medraut_Penn I merged your post with the bug report but to be sure, is your Sim a perfectionist ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 51 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes.  I found this thread after posting, didn't stop to check if my sim was a perfectionist, was just confused as to why he kept wasting money.

Message 45 of 51 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem.  I have a level 10 painter that will trash even excellent paintings.  I tried to go to build mode right after she finished painting and I while I could select and drag the painting, I couldnt place it anywhere due to ~"object not found in this world" message (or something similar)

This has happened NUMEROUS times and she is a level 10 painter with perfectionist trait.

Message 46 of 51 (836 Views)

Paintings dissapear

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After creating a painting, the sim will automatically start another painting deleting the old one and I lose out on Simoleans.
What happens when the bug occurs? The painting is erased.
What do you expect to see? I expect that it would either go into sims inventory or the sim can't do anything with the painting until I choose an option.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have all of the updated patches.

Please fix it. 

Message 47 of 51 (858 Views)

Re: Paintings dissapear

★★★ Pro

@lockJ87 Does your sim have the perfectionist trait if so this is why its dissapiering.

Message 48 of 51 (840 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Perfectionist Sims painting don't go in inventory when scratched for

★★★★ Guide

Same bug issue. My sim is a perfectionist also

Message 49 of 51 (675 Views)

Re: Painting Disappears

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue on the XBox One version. Can't find the paintings anywhere.

Message 50 of 51 (599 Views)