by EmmyBoz

Original Post

[PSP] Sims scared all the time

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal [this is where the issue lies], Tiny Living, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paranormal Pack - Sims getting scared and can't calm down
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the time my Sims are too scared to do much of anything, even with max or near max Medium skill. This is despite doing any of the actions recommended for calming them down (hide under covers, etc.)
What do you expect to see? Actions like hiding under the covers should calm them down
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It may also be a good idea for Sims to be increasingly less likely to be scared as they progress through the Medium Skill

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to reflect the issue better.

Message 1 of 7 (432 Views)

Re: Paranormal Stuff issue (2)

Hero
@EmmyBoz They do have a tendency to be scared a lot at first but it gets better. Did you put candles (> 1) ? Depending on what you have in the house, things are more or less scary.

When you hide under the cover, does the moodlet have a going down arrow ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (397 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, I have used the candles. They do help a little (as in the times they get scared are fewer but not to calm down). My Sims have near max Medium skill and have been in the house a few sim weeks so surely they shouldn't be nearly as scared as often?

There doesn't appear to be arrows going down on the moodlet when doing "hide under covers". It really does seem impossible to get them to calm down
Message 3 of 7 (384 Views)

Hero
@EmmyBoz Have you repaired your game ?

Did you try the brave trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (382 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'll be trying that next - I'll let you know if it helps
Message 5 of 7 (379 Views)

Hero
@EmmyBoz Did you have any luck solving this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (329 Views)

Hero
@EmmyBoz Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (285 Views)