by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

[PSP] [ECO] Haunted house draws NPCs on home lot in Evergreen Harbor

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them? I have all expansion packs, all game packs except Journey to Batuu and Dream Home Decorator, all stuff packs except Luxury Party and Laundry, and also have the Courtyard Oasis and Industrial Loft kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the Shipping Views or Admiral's Shipwreck as a haunted house. Wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? People let themselves into my home, use my computer, kick over my trash can, loiter in my yard playing chess, hang out all night dancing to my stereo, hang out all day sitting at my picnic table, etc., despite also being afraid of specters.
What do you expect to see? For my home lot to remain MY lot and not a weirdo magnet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had a lot of fun playing the Shipping Views lot as a haunted house, but was eventually so annoyed by Mary, Blossom, and Knox Greenberg (as well as the rest of Evergreen Harbor... also the Goths, the Landgraabs, the Heckings...) treating my lot as their home lot that I kept all doors locked to everyone but household at all times, and eventually moved my Sim in with his girlfriend. (I assumed this was because of the lot description--"not technically residential.") But I felt sentimental for how much fun I had with the haunted house lot type, and after some time I set her lot as being Haunted as well.  (She lives in the Admiral's Shipwreck, so that makes sense.)  IMMEDIATELY some random vampire (not a prebuilt, but using Move As Bat) showed up, kicked our trash over, and started using our yoga mat, playing on our computer, and dancing to our stereo, along with another Rando who wanted to chat on our computer all night and cry.  It's very much like a "vacation house" in another save that is really a fake business; if I don't lock the doors to the fake business people come in and eat our leftovers, etc., only this is MORE SO. (Also I'm more understanding of the fake business, since, you know, I'm abusing game play mechanics to have a thing that the game doesn't support.  This is, like, official sanctioned gameplay!)

This is A PRIVATE RESIDENCE, yo.  Specters yes, Randos no.  Call me weird, but I'd rather have Temperance than Nancy Landgraab using my computer all night.

Am I really the only person experiencing this?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/887185308020527164/unknown.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (835 Views)

Re: Haunted House Residential lot type apparently makes my home a public lot

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Did you test on vanilla ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Test; Vanilla Game(New Game) -> Shipping Views/Evergreen Harbor : Haunted House

Day 1 11:00 AM Sterling Rico family spawn and threat my home for her home lot goes away 12:00AM, 1:00PM Sterling Rico family spawns again and threat my home for her home lot goes away 2:00PM

Day 2 11: 00AM Sterling Rico family and 01:00PM again Sterling Rico family with her new home lot goes 02:00 PM, now I disable the welcome wagon on my door... maybe it’s because the welcome wagon never came?

Day 3 Nope, now we have the Greenburg family 09:00AM goes away 11:55AM, 12:00PM Sterling Rico family arrives. I stop the test here now the two family take turns.

This bug only occurs if my home lot haunted (Evergreen Harbor) If I set it short to a normal house it stops it for a day but come again if I set it to haunted.

Canal Corner have the same issue but here its Tinker family and Greenburg family.

___

In Mt. Komorebi/Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay. I don’t have this issue with my haunted houses. I know Sulani is a little wonky, so I never really make a haunted house if i play serious.

Message 3 of 7 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictMy apologies; I do have a terrible habit of posting these when I feel really frustrated and then trotting off to watch Critical Role and going to bed.  Wink  Let me bust out my vanilla save, as I don't want to use the modded save without my mods--or at least not save like that.

[edit]

OK, my official vanilla test save, has never been touched by a mod, mods disabled and entire mods folder dragged to desktop.

I haven't been playing very long, and I sent my Sim out to try to get repeal signatures so we could get rid of Roughhousing Encouraged (ugh) and replace it with Green Initiatives.  While we're standing in front of our house collecting signatures, apparently the Sterling-Rico household is brewing coffee and browsing books.  We did NOT invite them in, and in fact have never met them.  Admittedly, we don't have a lot of interesting objects on the site yet, which tend to be more effective at luring Sims to the lot...  https://youtu.be/ho2RGNM3oyo

No, really, we don't know them.  This is my Sim's relationship panel.  (He's a loner but really wants Green Initiatives.)

Much like @daikoyu, my experience in the modded game was that if I set the lot to not be haunted any more people would leave or would not spawn, and if I set it back they would return.  I'll keep playing in a bit...

(Also, I had problems convincing Guidry to stop sitting on our bed reading books so we could sleep and stop sitting on our cooler reading books so we could eat, but that's probably more a lack of furniture.)

@daikoyu's finding that this seems related to Evergreen Harbor and Sulani makes me wonder about the doomed paranormal investigator gig I had that broke time itself.  It was at the Sterling-Rico house.

I've updated the initial post to reflect the lots involved.  Come to think of it, I think the Admiral's Shipwreck is somehow special and can be explored if it's not "owned," although I might be misremembering.  Perhaps the Shipping Views is similar? although that wouldn't explain Canal Corner.

OK, I played and took notes here and lost them due to a "you must be logged in to do this" error.  Frown  The short version is:  It's still noticeable, but seemed more excessive in my other save and I'm not sure whether that's mods or because of the large number of fun items on the other lot.  Wink  I'll try adding a stereo and yoga mat (yoga mats are irresistible after the Spa Day update.  Wink )  My neighbors do still come over daily and spend exactly an hour on my lot, and Geoffrey Landgraab let himself in to hang out as well. 

Message 4 of 7 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xochiquetzl_xkvn Somehow all your pictures fail to load. did you upload them here or to an external site ? Best is to just upload them here.

Could be an issue of NAPs in conjunction with haunted houses.

What NAPs do you guys have active ?

@daikoyu 

Do you guys have an ask to leave interaction on the NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

No and yes, sometime its work but most the time no you can’t ask them. It’s a chance 1% to 100 after you talk with them.

I think the core problem here is that the game sees this NPC as Guidry or Temperance.  So, my next step was to remove Guidry from spawn, and it doesn’t work.

Logical, I think that the game try to trigger an event if the house haunted but it can’t (The timing when the NPC come are the time the welcome wagon arrives normally). My first guess is that it has to do with the welcome wagon and that the game *ignore* the door function if you disable it there. Evergreen Harbor (NAP Introduced-Event) and Sulani (Kava-Event) welcome wagon works other as in other worlds. (Game don’t create a LE)

Add: I never had NAP’s active. I deactivate they per default in Create-a-Sim bevor I start this new savegame.

Update: My last step was to try if it works to wait for the welcome wagon in a normal house but ... I never had one in Evergreen Harbor. But this time I waited two days and travel once from lot before I change the lot to haunted. I let the game run for 1 week and don’t had any NPC spawn and treat my home as hers.

(I am now sure that it has to do with an event that starts at the beginning if the player start with a haunted home in Evergreen Harbor and maybe Sulani)

Message 6 of 7 (676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictI fished them out of my Discord, sorry.  They usually show up that way, though!

In the vanilla save:  I have Juiced Community, Water Conservation, and Self-Sufficiency (which is why my neighbors tended my garden once, but they don't do it every time).  We just voted out Roughhousing Encouraged (ugh) and voted for Green Initiatives, but I don't know if it passed yet or not. 

In the modded save, I have: Tech Support, Clean Energy Production, Upcycling Initiative, and Power Conservation in Sulani and had Free Love, Rock Your Body (and Mind), Water Conservation, and Green Initiatives in Port Promise. 

Interestingly, in the modded save (because "Ask to Leave" wasn't available)  I clicked the vampire boogie-ing in my living room and used MCCC to Cheat Sim Info -> Make Sim Leave and he pathing error waved at me and kept dancing.  Okay, that's a mod thing, but... point of interest.  In the vanilla save, "Ask to Leave" is not coming up for Knox, Mary, and Blossom, who are all hanging out next to my computer.  I won't guarantee it's never been available, but it's usually not. "Send Home" is also unavailable.

The Greenberg family just left after a 3 hour visit this time. That said, we did go to their house to ask them to support Green Initiatives, so now they know us.  (Also, come to think of it, I think we do know the vampire and from the incident that started this thread, from an "Extra Food" event, which would mean that he's a neighbor. I just checked and the vampire lives in Lagoon Look.  I don't see the other guy on the map, but I think we've chatted with him... he also left when asked.)

Also, I never had a Welcome Wagon in the Vanilla save, either.  I also haven't tried applying the Private Residence lot trait.

I did live in Sulani for a very long time before applying the Haunted House lot type, and we did NOT have a Welcome Wagon when I first started playing there (on a non-haunted lot), possibly because she was a single teen living alone and teens can't drink kava.

(P.S.  I miss MC Tuner.  Wink  My Sim is dating Zoe Patel, and she pranks his toilet every time she comes over!)

Message 7 of 7 (651 Views)