Re: PS5 Stuttering/lag

by JOELP1980

Original Post

PS5 Stuttering/lag

★★★★ Novice

From what I can see no one is going to address the stuttering and lag that is now experienced on PS5 after the latest update 4.1. It is terrible and makes the game very unenjoyable. It is as if the game is lagging due to internet problems, however no such symbols of lag or latency appear in the top left of the screen. Also when messaging others in the game, I ask " is anyone else stuttering?" to which I get replies such as "yes", " a little", "definitely"," here too". These are in non-cross play games so I know everyone on the server must be on PS5. However I have tested the stutter on cross-play as well as 64 and 128 player games and the stutter is still there. I can see you brought a hot fix out straight away for PC but no such fix came to PS5 and I assume Xbox as well. I understand that the developers are probably testing this game on PC, however, you should at least make sure it works on all platforms before you release a buggy update that makes the game unplayable.

Message 1 of 7 (1,825 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

- The lag and stutter you are experiencing is related to your Internet connection since I cannot reproduce them on both the Series X and PS5.

The lag and stutter you are experiencing is NOT related to CPU or GPU stutters and therefore not related to you hardware.

This makes a hot fix unnecessary since the problem from your side.

Maybe try to reset your router and make sure to disable background upload/downloads on your system or anyone in your house.

Message 2 of 7 (1,787 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wrong

Message 3 of 7 (1,713 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same, I’m on PS5 200 gig ethernet cabke. No lag on any other game, any other battlefield, didn’t exist in 2042 until 4.1 update. Back to 4 again.🤷‍♂️

Message 4 of 7 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes same pls fix it dice

Message 5 of 7 (1,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It’s not related to internet, my game started to stutter with the latest update as well.

It does not show as internet or lag issue, it simply stutters for a half a second and it happens often.

Message 6 of 7 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@bf4d4str0y4r I've had this problem too on 8ms ping on PS4, but I've assumed it was the internet as occasionally it will ping to 130ms without telling me I have bad ping (I check when I notice lag) and it quickly goes back to 8ms. So maybe you are also having ping issues that are not showing up with the bad ping symbol because it is just fluctuating and not consistent bad internet?
Message 7 of 7 (854 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help