PS4 latest patch 1.44, Sims teleporting around

by Kirbys-Kitchen

Original Post

PS4 latest patch 1.44, Sims teleporting around

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play as a household in Live Mode after updating to the latest patch, 1.44 , preferably with a lot that has Stairs/Ladders
What happens when the bug occurs? when playing with Sims in Live Mode, Sims will sometimes teleport up/down stairs/ladders rather than use them properly and will occasionally flat out teleport to a location to complete a task rather than walk there (for example a Sim teleporting to the bar downstairs to get a drink, rather than walk there)
What do you expect to see? for Sims to walk normally to a location to do a task, rather than teleport there, and for Sims to use Stairs and Ladders, rather than occasionally teleport up/down them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the latest console patch from the 20th of July 2021 - 1.44

since the latest patch I have only played as my main household of 7 Sims, so I have only experienced these issues with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case for any other household too

Message 11 of 192 (1,141 Views)

Re: Sims won't complete action if not visible to player

[ Edited ]

I wouldn‘t call it teleporting, it‘s more a mix between teleporting and glitching.

For example I had my sim make eggs and toast in the downstairs kitchen. I didn‘t switch sims, but I was waiting for him to come down (I cleaned up some books or pet toys in the mean time, I think), when I noticed that the door of the fridge opened on its own while my sim, who was standing on the u-bend of the staircase, did the animations and ended up with the tray in his hand. He then dropped down through the staircase and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. Similarly I noticed that one of the kids in my household was late for school, when I clicked on her, the camera brought me to what seemed to be an empty spot. I activated camera-follow out of curiosity and my camera followed an invisible sim to the edge of the lot, where she then greyed out and was shown as „at school“.

I usually don‘t have any sims teleporting around in my game (unless it‘s spellcasters, spellcasters may transportalate to their hearts‘ content). The safe this happened in is completely new and has never seen a mod. The house is one I have played in before but that I freshly downloaded from the gallery. It uses bb.moveobjects and while it‘s cluttered, it‘s not a huge house and I have never had any issues in it before.

Message 12 of 192 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anska_Stormblade that does sound more like the old issue (thread I linked) gotten worse.

At this point it's difficult for me to say as I haven't seen any teleporting on stairs myself. It def shifted in what some people are seeing but it could also just be a mixture of multiple issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 192 (1,484 Views)

Sims getting stuck between floors

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP08: 1.assets.live-ep08.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except cottage living; spa day, vampires, strangerville, realm of magic, journey to batuu, dream home decorator; perfect patio, cool kitchen, kids room, vintage glamour, fitness, toddler, laundry day, my first pet, moschino, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch the stairs when the sim goes between the second floor and first floor. You have to be on the first floor where you can’t see your sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I am on the first floor of my house and my sim is on the 2nd, they won’t go down the stairs. I have to go up to the second floor for them to go down the stairs. After about a half hour sim time, they will come down but they just appear; not go down the stairs.
What do you expect to see? Fix it please.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When I installed the latest update.

Please fix this.

Message 14 of 192 (1,475 Views)

Re: PS4 latest patch 1.44, Sims teleporting around

Hero
@Kirbys-Kitchen Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-won-t-complete-action-if-not-visible-to-player/td-p/10527... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 192 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O81c97dHHrzkjQpKLbfzv2pRADyP2H5D/view?usp=sharing

Boy, I hope the above works.

Sorry for long delays in the video itself -- although the second delay, in particular (after the camera is repositioned), shows the long period of time before Caleb (not the vampire) appears. (The sim world knows the other guy, in orange, as Johnny Zest, but he's immaterial to this.)

When Caleb appears from nowhere, I have asked him, some time prior, to walk to that spot from another floor, either above or below.

(I wonder if I should add -- they're not vampires, they're not spellcasters, this is me simply asking them to walk from floor to floor, but these little guys have other ideas!)

cchilan07, who just posted here, has -- again -- captured perfectly what's going on, as seen via my link. And I'll be honest, crinrict -- it's confusing and disheartening to me that you cannot reproduce it in your game! I can only hope for a fix.

I've been agonizing (no joke) over how to describe it, because I want to be as clear as possible. I've barely been playing today, just experimenting across several saves and with several characters, and (as noted in this thread, at various points) have picked up a little about what's going on, but what do I know.

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive replies]

Message 16 of 192 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@goofylittlerhino You need to make the video public :D

Visuals are always best :D Seems everyone that has it understand completely what you mean

As for me not being able to repro: There are many factors and maybe it's not always happening and I've just been lucky

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 192 (1,448 Views)

Maybe you are lucky! Your avatar does tell me, after all, that you are a hero.

Here is (I hope) the public link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O81c97dHHrzkjQpKLbfzv2pRADyP2H5D/view?usp=sharing

Message 18 of 192 (1,432 Views)

Hero
@goofylittlerhino Do you get any lastException files in your doc folder ? (video works now)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 192 (1,425 Views)

Glad the video worked. You saw how Caleb is jumping around unless I can watch his movements.  (LOL, there's a joke in there somewhere.)

I have no generated lastexception files in my directory; good question.  I just checked.

(For clarification, I'm presuming they're under Electronic Arts/The Sims 4, in the main list there.)

Message 20 of 192 (1,411 Views)