Original Post

Highlighted

[PS4] frozen UI, unresponsive controller

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage glamour stuff, vampires, get to work, dine out, city living, perfect patio, holiday celebration, grim’s guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press the notification menu button while changing the time speed with the R1 and L1 buttons (possibly) I was at the geekcon with a character that was playing the virtual motion games.
What happens when the bug occurs? UI freezes with the notification window half open, controller buttons don’t do anything. Game time continues going, fiddling with the controller I got it to pause the game time after the first few seconds, but right after the controller inputs stopped working. The cursor isn’t visible. Occasionally there is a “ping” where the cursor should be, even with the window half open.
What do you expect to see? The notification window should have opened all the way and the controller inputs should have kept working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

To get out of this I had to close the application without saving (wasn’t able to open the save menu) and restart the game. I’m playing on the downloaded version of the game from the playstation store. Tried to recreate it and couldn’t.

Message 1 of 1 (109 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help