by misskayla86

Original Post

[PS4/Xbox] Problem with travel - Can't select certain lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe party edition content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In willow creek. Exit from live mode via the manage worlds tab at top right. Try to travel to library.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cursor won't move over library. Only moves to the 2 places at top left of map then switches to the options around the edge of the screen. Works fine when travelling via phone.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to access all places not just 2.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims4-can-t-visit-places/td-p/6435009

Message 8 of 23 (6,299 Views)

Sims4 - can't visit places

★★ Novice
On ps4.
I've purchased crick cabana in willow creek. Wanted to visit library, so returned to willow creek map. My cursor won't move over library for me to click it.
Only moves over 2 of the family houses near the top of the map and then switches to all the options around the edge of the screen.
Message 1 of 23 (6,339 Views)

Unable to chooce a household from Willow Creek

★★ Novice

I can't seem to find a way to get to my household. I started to play with a different household and now i've made a new one. I placed the new household to the neighbor while I was playing with my original household. Well now I can't play with the new household. I can only get to the original one from the main menu but the new one isn't there since I haven't played with it yet. If I just press play I can't choose any household. Im only able to get to the top and side bars and some of the lofts in Willow Creek but not the one I want to play. The cursor will just jump all around but im not able to control where it goes, it has it's own free will. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? I will probably try to place the household again and then try but i would like to know if there is anything else I could do.

Message 2 of 23 (6,333 Views)

Can't select household or move households on Xbox One

★★ Novice
I saved a game and exited out to the Oasis Springs map. Now, it won't let me select my saved household to continue playing. I tried exiting the worlds map, loading my last save, going to the menu, exiting out of the game altogether and restarting my Xbox. I clicked on "manage households and tried to move them. It won't let me select anything.
Message 3 of 23 (6,332 Views)

Re: Can't select household or move households on Xbox One

EA app Team

Hi @misskayla86 @kirstycake @Nittzo,

I've joined your threads because you seem to be having the same problem. Please, let me know if it's not the case and I will separate them again.

@Nittzo @misskayla86 would it be possible for you to let us know which are the lots you are unable to reach? I'm leaving here a screenshot of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs so it's easier for you to explain:

WillowCreek.png

OasisSprings.png

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 4 of 23 (6,311 Views)

★★ Novice
I could only access the 2 in top left of willow creek and the goth house. Nothing else. This was when I exited from live mode via the manage worlds tab.

Reluctantly started a new game and seems to be OK now.
Message 5 of 23 (6,293 Views)

★★ Novice
Nevermind, it's doing it again 🙄. Exactly same as before.
Can travel everywhere if I do it via the phone. But glitches when going from live mode to manage worlds.
Message 6 of 23 (6,265 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for the information, @kirstycake. I'll forward this to the team so they can check it.

Would it be possible for you to open a bug report in our Bug reports forum?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs  We have a special template there and helps keep things organized. If you do it, I'll merge this topic to the bug report thread so all the information is in the same place.

No worries if not, I'll take note of this nonetheless Wink

-Mai

Message 7 of 23 (6,256 Views)

EA app Team

Thank you, @kirstycake - as promised, threads merged.

-Mai

Message 9 of 23 (6,245 Views)

★★ Novice
I can't get into any of them on any of the maps
Message 10 of 23 (6,208 Views)