Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SPO7:1.assets.live-sp07.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and all dlc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's when you create a new vampire sim. You can level her up with about 40 power points then the bar stays full and you can level them up anymore. This has been going on for about 6 weeks maybe longer. I have reported the problem to guru on Twitter. They said they know.but that was about 4 weeks ago. Herd nothing since of when this problem will be fixted..
What happens when the bug occurs? Just can not level new vampire Sims up with power points. Bar stays full.
What do you expect to see? The bar goes full then back to nothing till you start leveling up..then the bar moves across once full you get power points..that's what should happen..but like I say it stays full..so you can not level up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please can you let me know when it's going be fixted. I know they say yes were aware of the problem..but that doesn't tell when or how long it could take.. thank you.. 

Message 1 of 38 (2,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4/XB1] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Grand Master Vampires know all, or so they thought. Now they can continue to earn points. Does that make them a Grand Grand Master?

Fixed in Patch 1.16

Please use this thread for the Dark Meditation: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/td-p/8027033/ju...

Be aware that it just get fixed on PC though and will probably as well on console on the next patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 38 (2,314 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PS4] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

Hero
Hi

it's also still an issue on PC: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-level...

EA/Maxis doesn't give out any ETA on when something will be fixed, so you just have to be patient.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (2,465 Views)

Sims 4 vampire glitch

★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? It doesn't show on my loading screen
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, cats & dogs, seasons, get to work, dine out, vampires, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff, holiday celebration pack and grims ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a vampire. Once you get to the Grand Master level it won't let you level up unlimited times. It works for a little while then it just quits. It never used to do this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to level up when I'm a grand master vampire since the latest update.
What do you expect to see? Able to level up and the bar resets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens for every vampire character I create. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all of it's expansions. My gamer tag is matrixmoon.

Message 3 of 38 (2,436 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★★★ Novice

Just tested - Pre-existing sims that were not vampires before the patch will still be stuck at 48 points if turned after the patch

About to test if new sims made (both via CAS + newborns) after the patch are affected

Message 4 of 38 (2,459 Views)

Hero
Even if you try the workaround ? That seems odd.

Did you try with what @ogspeace posted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 38 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Playing on console at the moment so can’t easily use cheats without disabling all my achievements unfortunately.
Still raising the newborn sim so that will take a few days to get to teen stage when I can actually ask to be turned. Hopefully this time it’ll work

Message 6 of 38 (2,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Hahahehehohohei wrote:

Do you mean vampires created via CAS or preexisting sims that have not been turned?
Will new normal sims that have been made after the patch be affected if I ask an existing vamp to turn them?

the solution i posted applied for pre existing vamp sims (the ones that had the vamp leveling bug)... vamps that were recently made (after the recent patch fix) would be free of bugs.

Message 7 of 38 (2,420 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That’s odd, because I tried turning a sim that has never been a vamp but existed before the patch and the level bar got stuck at 48 points
Message 8 of 38 (2,407 Views)

Hero

Hi @Hahahehehohohei 

this isn't fixed for console, just of PC. 

I moved your post over to the console thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 38 (2,397 Views)

[PS4] Can't Level Vampire

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire sim, level them to Grandmaster.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a vampire hits Grandmaster, they no longer gain perk points.
What do you expect to see? Level past Grandmaster like the tooltip tells you so can become stronger without having to take on any more weaknesses.

Bought the vampire pack and it doesn't work as advertised.

Message 10 of 38 (2,292 Views)