by SimGuruNick

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In live mode, select an object like a cup or plate; etc, then pick it up. Have a message box appear while holding the picked up object.
What happens when the bug occurs? The message box can't be interacted with if you have picked an object up prior to it appearing. This happens with all message pop ups like "Name your Book," the rocket ship dialogues, or even "Controller Disconnected."
What do you expect to see? Being able to clear a message box even if I've picked something up so I don't have to force close my game and lose progress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have impeccable timing with regards to message boxes in my game. The only way to clear is to close the game out .

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 44 (11,179 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PS4] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

Community Manager (retired)

@PoptartJuniper Are you still having this issue after patch 1.15? If so, could you possibly share a video or save file? Thanks much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 44 (11,067 Views)

Re: [PS4] Unable to Clear Message Box if you Pick an object up

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick I just tried to replicate it by holding random objects while a rocket mission was going but I was able to clear the message boxes. So, no I do not seem to be having this issue with patch 1.15. I have never purposely tried to create the problem issue before either. It always happened just as I picked up an object and a box appeared almost simultaneously. If it occurs randomly again I will post.

Message 3 of 44 (11,061 Views)

[XB1] Parenthood PopUp Won’t let me click off when I try to throw something away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? V1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Laundry Day, Vampires, All expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you are dragging something into the trash have a parenthood pop up pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs the mouse still has the food item on it so I can’t click out of the pop up.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click off the pop up with the Fox still being dragged.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When a parenthood pop up pops up and I am trying to drag something to the trash while I still have the food in my hand i can’t click off of it. 

Message 4 of 44 (11,061 Views)

Re: Parenthood PopUp Won’t let me click off when I try to throw something away

Hero

@baykay12345  I play on the PC so want works for me might not work for you.

Try dropping the item in a sim's inventory if you can open one by clicking on the portrait and then the inventory button.  That usually works for me.

Message 5 of 44 (11,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 Sadly that did not work
Message 6 of 44 (11,030 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@baykay12345 Does that happen every time or was it a one time thing ?

EDIT: Seems this was already reported for PS4. I merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (10,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happens every time.

Message 8 of 44 (10,929 Views)

Ps4 Glitch when picking up plate as sim sits down to write?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When picking up a plate as a sim is sitting down to write a book. The prompt appears on screen to Name the Book, and you cant click OK or any option because of the plate... so you have to close the game and restart Sims 4, losing progress? Happened twice now, cant seem to figure out any way around it

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my controller, and mashing alllll the buttons and button combos lol

I also just tried using another controller, and then my controller died so the "controller disconnected" prompt popped up, replacing the Name the Book prompt, but i still can't select OK, so at least it's not just exclusively the name the book prompt...

Message 9 of 44 (10,978 Views)

Re: Ps4 Glitch when picking up plate as sim sits down to write?

Hero (Retired)

@dinosaurmilk  Sounds like this bug https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Unable-to-Clear-Message-Box-if-you-Pick-an-object-up/m...

If so, I can have your post merged with the bug report.

Message 10 of 44 (10,947 Views)