by Ron2956

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] Ultra Speed Not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26.54.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Lifestyle, Realm of Magic, Fitness stuff, moschino, my first pet, kids room, spooky stuff, bowling night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send all sims to work / sleep
What happens when the bug occurs? When all sims go to sleep or work, the time shows it is on ultra speed (part of time UI blurred out). However, the time speed is actually the normal speed. It will only do ultra speed for a few seconds if it works.
What do you expect to see? Ultra speed should work as normal until you slow the game down manually.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Ultra speed won’t work properly no matter what lot / world I’m in. It’s been an issue for a long time - probably since a few months to a year after Sims 4 first released on Xbox in 2017. I have found a workaround - to slow the game down manually and then speed it up again, but even then ultra speed only works for a few seconds.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (2,361 Views)

Re: Ultra Speed Not Working

Hero
@GalaxySimsGirl Are you playing in an apartment, house or dorms ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (2,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@GalaxySimsGirlAre you playing in an apartment, house or dorms ?

I’m playing in a house at the moment but it’s an issue across all lot / housing types including apartments, dorms, and tiny homes.

Message 3 of 19 (2,310 Views)

Hero
@GalaxySimsGirl Could you add a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,260 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Here's a video of what happens at night on ultra, at first it's okay but then it's not. Ultra (Speed 3) also doesn't work when sims are awake, the speed is just fast speed (speed 2) but the sims will just stand around and not move the whole time it's set to "Ultra Speed" (Speed 3)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z7Th9v9TSJ-MnLag4uXLl8c0rmhUYVBh/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 19 (2,241 Views)

Ultra speed not working properly

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, parenthood, seasons, cats and dogs, cool kitchen stuff, get to work, laundry day stuff, my first pet stuff, spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By using ultra speed/triple speed
What happens when the bug occurs? When using ultra speed it seems like its work but is actually freezing or getting stuck or taking longer for time to move instead of time moving faster.
What do you expect to see? When my sim sleeps or is at work ultra speed is meant to speed time up so i expect it to work instead of getting stuck and not moving forward fast but instead making it take longer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened a little bit before the last 2 updates but since now happens every time i use ultra/triple speed

When using ultra speed it seems to get stuck instead of moving forward so for example takes longer than it should going from 1:50pm to 2pm like it gets stuck going up the numbers 🤷🏻‍♀️ pretty much have to leave my game on double speed as doesnt actually end up really speeding up time properly 

Message 6 of 19 (2,267 Views)

Game speed control

★★★ Newbie

On Ps4, when I change speed settings they return to the slowest setting. Even when Sim is at work or sleeping. Highest setting is still highlighted, but time passes very slowly. If I turn it down and back to highest again it will pass faster for a few seconds then return to slowest. 

Message 7 of 19 (2,217 Views)

Re: Game speed control

Hero (Retired)
@mcameron780 I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" box at the bottom of the first post in this thread.
Message 8 of 19 (2,156 Views)

Re: Ps4 ultra speed not working correctly

★★★ Newbie

hi i know this is like 4 years or so old but my ps4 sims 4 ultra speed just stopped working completely ive done everything i can think of and i can't fix it is your game doing this since they released the newest patch?

Message 9 of 19 (2,073 Views)

Ultra SPEED NOT WORKING (ps4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ultra speed not working (ps4)

Hi guys it's Oct.9.2020 a few days after the new update now i am living in an apartment at the moment and my ultra speed has stopped working when i sleep and go to work. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I tried closing the game and restarting it, Turned the whole system off and back on after a few hours, I have tried traveling to other places in the game going through loading screen after loading screen. The only thing i haven't tried is moving which i didn't really want to do seeing as i have my place set just the way i like it. please help me find an answer. thank you for your time.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Removed enlarged font.

Message 10 of 19 (2,084 Views)