by Emokid02

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS4/XB1] Smudged tattoos, blurred make-up in Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You did it! When you did the “bunk bed” patch you also did a skin fix for console which broke the skin even more Before it was a little patchy with yellow blotches easy to edit out of pictures But how you have fixed it is by using some kind of a “blur” tool over the skin and even the tatoos and make up This blur needs to be underneath the make up and tattoos my sims look like crap now and Iv bought certain packs just for make up “vintage & glamor” which doesn’t even work now it looks horrible
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims look like they belong in the sims 2 It’s more of an error than a bug
What do you expect to see? I try to looo at my sim and can’t because she looks like crap the tattoos smudged no detail the eye liner looks like panda eyes now
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. “The bunk bed patch” Had a skin fix for console Can I get a refund on the packs it broke The packs for make up

Before and after 

tattoos and eyeliner smudged and a mess to look at 

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tags, adjusted title.

Message 10 of 31 (6,871 Views)

Blurry Makeup and Tattoos on Console

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So I play on console after this new patch (bunk bed but im talking about the skin fix for console) my Sims look disgusting! I’m horrified with how bloody lazily done this is and I know we’re console but it doesn’t  chance the fact that Iv spent hundreds of pounds owning all packs and kits from them to bodge their “fixed skins for console” 

yes on console the skin was a little patchy easily fixed with an edit tool... now they’ve done just that, they’ve used some kind of blur... over the skin, fair enough.. but they put it over the eye liner the tattoos and even some of the clothes especially underwear... omg my sim looks so trash I can’t edit black smudged eye liner... and won’t be able to upload my story to Instagram anymore this is not the game I paid for... 

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Adjusted Title to reflect post issue.

Message 1 of 31 (7,029 Views)

Re: Help

Hero (Retired)

@PinkoMoon I tried to see this in my game and could not. While in the CAS the eyeshadow and tattoos are very high quality, but in live mode the quality is reduced. The tattoos and eyeshadow were slightly blurred but no where near what you posted in your screenshots. 

Which console are you on? Perhaps it's a difference in console. 

You can try adjusting the resolution for the game on your console, depending on your console, under settings and screen to see if there's an improvement.

If this has no effect, please open a bug report on the bug forum. Bug Report Forum 

Message 2 of 31 (6,975 Views)

Blurry male sim with tattoos

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find the bug when you create a male sims and put tattoos on them. After you finish and are in game the torso and arms of the sim will be blurry. It only happens when I am in game. The sim is normal when I am in create a sims. This never happened before until the new update with Dream Home Decorator.
What happens when the bug occurs? My male sim's torso and arm tattoos are blurry.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a normal sims with tattoos that is not blurry.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I attached two pictures one is what my sim looks like in game and one of what my sim looks like in create a sim.

Message 3 of 31 (6,673 Views)

Re: Blurry male sim with tattoos

Champion

@Emokid02 Hello!  I found this post from March and I think it might be the same issue.  Actually, the OP shared an image which shows the same chest tattoo, except on a female sim.

Blurry Makeup and Tattoos on Console - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Does this happen with all tattoos?  Have you tried adjusting the resolution / graphics settings?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 31 (6,652 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 I tried to adjust the resolution/graphics in the game but I only change the size of the screen. I'm not sure if it does it with all tattoos. But I do I have a different save file with two male sims and one is blurry and one isn't.
Message 5 of 31 (6,637 Views)

Champion

@Emokid02 Full disclosure, I play on PC and I haven't noticed this issue.  It's weird that you have blurry tattoos on one sim but not the other.  Do both of those sims have the same body type?

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 31 (6,623 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 In my save file with two a male sims they have different body types. But it's happening to my heavier set sim and my fit sim.
Message 7 of 31 (6,616 Views)

Champion

@Emokid02 Hmmm...  Okay.  It definitely sounds like a bug but probably only for specific body types, since you mentioned the one sim does not have the blurry tattoos. I wondered if you'd be willing to test different body types with different tattoos to see which body types have blurry tattoos.  It would certainly be helpful for the devs to know those specifics in order to address the issue.

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 31 (6,606 Views)

★★ Novice
@JonaO703 That's what I planned to do. It's just really annoying.
Message 9 of 31 (6,597 Views)