[NEEDS SAVES] [PS4/XB1] Sims don't do actions

by JustAnotherKitt

Original Post

Sims 4 - sims are not performing actions - constant negative mood

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23.61.2300 (24 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and get sims to perform any activity in house or out
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims don’t perform activity you have selected: Eg if you ask them to eat they just leave the food sat on the side Even after a bath they are not clean so have bad mood Go for 4/5 hour jogs Sleep action remains at the bottom of the action list even when performing other actions
What do you expect to see? Activities should affect the current negative mood. Eg they should eat the food and not be hungry They should come out of the bath without Dirty negative mood
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix 

Message 21 of 61 (1,665 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - sims are not performing actions - constant negative mood

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, everyone!

Thanks so much for reporting this issue to our team!

If you're playing on PlayStation and see this issue, it would be great if you could share your save file with our team so we can take a closer look.

By clicking >here<, a new tab will be opened with further instructions on how to share files with us.

Thanks so much and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 61 (1,612 Views)

Re: Sims won't do anything

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m on PlayStation and it liTERLLY happens all the time. All actions will be canceled, or I’ll be stuck in one action while not gaining any skill or relationship, or itll all cancel itself out anyways and my sim will only do the very last thing I told it to. It’s been a problem for a very long time on PlayStation. As well as half the jobs not working or allowing you to get promoted, or fufill your job tasks when you do said tasks, or aspirations when you do things to complete those. Games been getting impossible to actually play.

Message 23 of 61 (1,574 Views)

Hero
@briibeatdown Moving this over to the console thread.

Could you send your save to QA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 61 (1,564 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi

I’m on Xbox one and have a very similar issue - I didn’t notice it too bad until my sims had twins two times in a row and now I’ve got 8 sims it’s very noticeable that the game is seriously struggling to cope. 

Sims are not completing actions - often opting to stand in one spot for 2 sim hours and passing out instead of just going to bed like I instructed them to... 

Proceeded to test the theory on fresh saves, it’s not a problem in the first couple hours of play but after a while, it doesn’t matter what size the family is, the game can’t handle sims doing anything other than standing around. 

I have base game and seasons, that’s it. Please advise next steps to help me ensure I’m reporting this in the right place? Not even sure if it’s a bug but it definitely isn’t how the game played for me on PC. Also not too familiar with the forum but it’s great it exists!

Thank you! 

Message 25 of 61 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue on my Xbox. Specifically writing comedy routines this time around. Its an issue I've had before but I guess it was fixed during an update while I was focusing on other things. Every time it happens its a different task and a different family save. My aspiration can't be completed due to the bug. I've bought a new computer for my sim and the issue persists. 

Message 26 of 61 (1,445 Views)

Sims not doing or stopping actions

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP07 1 assets live gp07 95
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them expect except - vampires tiny living party and magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims taking a long time to actually follow can actions it stays at the top for quite some time before dropping down and also they don’t stop and action immediately when asked- they will walk all the way the the cancelled option before turning back and doing what is asked.
What do you expect to see? Then to stop the action immediately and do what u ask rather than stand there for ages before it dropping down
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 27 of 61 (1,420 Views)

Graphic Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? ep01.170
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Kids Room Stuff, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Island Living, Discover Univerisity, My First Let Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Grins Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I click on sim to do a certain action. It sits in the queue and then disappears. Mouse scrolling unable to scroll back up after selecting a menu bar. Graphics get choppy from time to time
What do you expect to see? All actions selected should be executed. Mouse should scroll back to top when using analog sticks. Graphics run smoothly.

Please help me fix these issues.

Message 28 of 61 (1,397 Views)

Re: Graphic Issues

★★★★ Expert
@TriciaJ2k11 These are issues that have been around for a while now. I have to do most actions 2 or 3 times now. I tend to yell at my screen now "Do what I ^%$#'n tell you!".

The graphics tend to just randomly get slower from time to time. Especially if you go into build/buy mode. 60fps down to <1. What works for me is bringing up the game menu by hitting ESC. Just bring it up and close it. That usually clears the massive lag.
Message 29 of 61 (1,384 Views)

Re: Graphic Issues

Hero
@TriciaJ2k11 I merged your post with the main thread of Sims not doing actions for PS4.

As for the graphics, could by choppy do you mean it gets slow to load them or they look blocky ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 61 (1,375 Views)