by crinrict

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] Scientist Career no Co-workers

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save, join the scientist career right away.
What happens when the bug occurs? No Co-workers will appear for new scientist Sims.
What do you expect to see? Co-workers right away when entering the career. Not having to make random Sims join the career to have Co-workers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Coworkers eventually did start appearing but it was not until my sim was at level 8 or so of the career from level 1 start. I also was playing on long lifespan, one of the new workers the game finally added was a teen when I started the game. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,091 Views)

Re: [PS4] Scientist Career no Co-workers

★★★★★ Newbie

I had no co workers at lab. I made another household and assigned all members to science career in order to get coworkers for my main household. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,009 Views)

No coworkers in Scientist career and no lab coats

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Scientist career, then go to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since I started the scientist career on this new game I have not had coworkers, and my sim has been wearing the wrong work uniform.
What do you expect to see? Randomly generated coworkers to ask for metals/crystals, and the proper lab coats for the scientist career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have not had these issues in the past, so I think it could be due to a recent update. I’m unsure.

When my sim first started work on this recent game, my sim showed up to her scientist job dressed as a police officer. After my first promotion, as a work around, I used the career outfit customization cheat to see if I could put a lab coat on her. I found that all of the scientist outfits were not in CAS at all.

As for the the lack of coworkers, when after a few days my sim still worked alone, I went to “manage worlds” and jumped into some neighboring sim homes to have them join the scientist career. When my sim started work again, the sims I had join the career did indeed show up, however when I clicked them there was no option to “ask for crystal/metal.” 

Message 3 of 8 (975 Views)

Re: No coworkers in Scientist career and no lab coats

Hero
HI @ZoemonstAr94

merged your post with exiting thread.

The outfit issue is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Scientist-Career-Co-workers-in-Wrong-Outfits/m-p/7815976

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (949 Views)

Re: Sims 4 No Coworkers

★★★ Newbie

Is there any date for when this fix will come to consoles?

Message 5 of 8 (855 Views)

Sims4

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cool kitchen stuff Dine out Get to work Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims 4 Get to work
What happens when the bug occurs? In the science career. It asks me to ask a co-worker for metal or crystal. There is no co-worker in sight just the Receptionist. I thought it was just a one time thing so I played for a while more and when my sim goes back to the lab there’s still no co-workers in sight.
What do you expect to see? Co-workers needs to start spawning in to make the job more easier
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims4 get to workHello, im wondering if you can help me with this bug please. I’m not sure how to fix it I tried restarting my console and the game but nothing seems to work

Message 6 of 8 (868 Views)

Get to Work - Empty Scientist Lot/ Not coworkers

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Ciry Living , Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddlee Stuff Vintage
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select a Sim to the Scientist Career
What happens when the bug occurs? No Coworkers are avaliable or present
What do you expect to see? Empty lot

For some odd reason, any time that i select a sim to the scientist lot, no coworkers are present. I've tested this on a seperate Playstation and it happens all the same. I'm not too sure what to do and I even switched households as well.

Message 7 of 8 (788 Views)

Re: Get to Work - Empty Scientist Lot/ Not coworkers

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Anapoixx Merged your post. Thought this was fixed on Console too ?

Trying to find out.

EDIT: Can't find it in the patch notes. Might still be open for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (782 Views)