Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work - Detective Career

by Moondough16

Original Post

Re: (PS4/XB1) Get to Work Detective Career Is Broken

★ Novice

I'm on PS4 and having the exact same problem, I've tried multiple ways to fix this aswell but the bug keeps popping u after a few days working.

Message 21 of 36 (2,119 Views)

Re: (PS4/XB1) Get to Work Detective Career Is Broken

Hero

HI @Cloud-MGKC @Bludhaund @duchessoffish

Merged with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 36 (2,104 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] Police Career Not Working Properly

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. PS4. 

Going to Crime Scene, Go to Patrol, Return to Station. After travelling there, doesnt register as me arriving, completing that task and openning/allowing other tasks to proceed. I have tried on 3 different user accounts, and created 5 different players to try and start new. Only once has it worked - sort of... Day 1 of training worked, but day two (going on patrol) same issue - couldn't complete task of travel to site/go on patrol. 

Message 23 of 36 (2,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Relative to the Facebook forum post, I have the following packs on my PS4 game:

City Living

Get to Work

Vampires (crime scene worked at Vlad's, but Patrol next day around square and fountain didn't)

Vintage Glamour

Perfect Patio

Holiday Celebration

Ghoulish Guitar

Thanks for the thread. 

Uta

Message 24 of 36 (2,057 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine works now! Ps4

Message 25 of 36 (2,019 Views)

★ Novice

How did you get it to work?

Message 26 of 36 (1,991 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I didnt play that sim for a long while and then i tried it and it worked, unfortunately a couple hours later it stopped working but i was lucky enough to have reached all promotionals goals by then, so it is still broken, my cousin said she would save each time before going to a crime scence and sometimes it worked and sometimes she would have to reload and try again, i didnt have the patience for that. 

So yeah sorry false alarm it is still broken but it has its moments.

I played the doctor career meanwhile and had no issues 

Message 27 of 36 (1,966 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work - Detective Career

★ Novice

Yes i have had the same issue. I know now that its not just me. I love paying for expensive packs and them not working for the first month of getting them. For now on I'm only buying packs if they are on sale.

Message 28 of 36 (1,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dosn't work on xb1 neither😑

Message 29 of 36 (1,919 Views)

Sims 4 get too work bugs

★★★★★ Newbie

So, I’ve been playing the Sims 4 for a few months now on Xbox one x console. I knew getting certain expansions packs might affect previous games, but there is a bug that has me locked out of experiencing all of the detective career. 

After arriving to the crime scene and unlocking the first tier , I’m given tasks that require me to return to HQ, but I’m trying to return there the game denys travel by saying that “because I’m working I can’t leave the area”. This is always followed by the task box saying that I need to “travel to crime scene”.. so Any insite into how this could be fixed would be appreciated.

Message 30 of 36 (1,867 Views)