by crinrict

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] No family leave option

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14.61.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a sim is pregnant use the phone and try to take family leave
What happens when the bug occurs? Family leave option is not there
What do you expect to see? The family leave option is available
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? 1.14.61.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a sim is pregnant use the phone and try to take family leave
What happens when the bug occurs? Family leave option is not there
What do you expect to see? The family leave option is available
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 8 (1,567 Views)

No Family Leave

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything aside from Romantic Garden Stuff and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm honestly not certain. Want my save file? 😂
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to use family leave
What do you expect to see? Family leave option in the phone

My game is fully updated and I've tried rebooting the game as well. I have a household of 2 female sims. Sim A is a stylist level 7, Sim B is tech guru level 6. Upon trying to get them married, Sim A had a bug that wouldnt allow her to propose or marry Sim B. I supposed maybe because Sim A had many boyfriends and girlfriends before choosing who she wanted to settle with. I got past that by having Sim B complete those actions (proposal and marriage) instead. 

Sim A had a wild night out and got pregnant by an entirely separate Male sim that does not live in the home and is now in her 3rd trimester. The notification that I have family leave appeared for both sims but neither sim A or B in my household has the option to utilize it. Help! Sim A may be promiscuous, but she promises to use the family leave to care for the baby. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,441 Views)

Re: No Family Leave

Hero

HI @okayohkaymar 

this is a known bug. It was fixed for PC but still open for console. It will be fixed eventually on console too.

I merged your post with current thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,422 Views)

Re: No Family Leave

★ Novice

Thank you! I tried a quick search and saw posts saying it was fixed. I was unaware it was only PC it was fixed for. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,416 Views)

Expectant parents don’t take parental work leave

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, cool kitchen stuff, done out, get to work, romantic garden stuff, toddler stuff, vampires, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby while working a career. I’ve experienced this with the Doctor career currently.
What happens when the bug occurs? Expectant mothers in their third trimester get work leave, but they still go to work. The same happens with the fathers.
What do you expect to see? For them to take their parental leave

I’ve been having this issue for about a week or two now. I’ve taken my mothers in labour to the hospital. While standing in queue, they’re sent to work! One of my mothers is a doctor, so she was expected to work while in full labour. It took over 12 sim hours before she was admitted into hospital to have her baby. 

I have another doctor who is late in her third trimester, and despite being told that she and the father have parental leave- they still go to work. The father is a cop. I’m not sure if their jobs have any relevancy to this- I’ve had another mother in the politics career do this as well. 

Edit; My mother to be was standing around in the hospital just then for 24 hours before a doctor finally saw her. Up until then, there was no doctor and the assistant eventually went home. “Check I’m at front desk” didn’t work, neither did “reset object” on mother in labour, assistant, or even the computer. 

I was promoted to go to the hospital three times during all that. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,388 Views)

Re: Expectant parents don’t take parental work leave

Hero

@KushKylie 

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,366 Views)

Re: [FIXED] No family leave option

★★★★★ Novice

Mine is still not working. I am on xbox one. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,279 Views)

Re: [FIXED] No family leave option

Hero
@MissPurpleblaze It's not fixed for console.

Moved your post over to the console thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,265 Views)