Re: [PS4/XB1] Game crashes when building doors

by VeronicatheCD

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I dont know about doors this is what I did to fix it 2 days ago I had to  upload all sims data to playstation plus then go to Console settings then storage then save data then delete all sims 4 data and user data for sims 4? Then did you turn off console when it is entiely off hold power button on console untill you hear 2 beeps then hold it for anothe 7 seconds then connect ps4 controller with USB cable then press PS button on controller then log in to your ps4 profile. Put sims 4 disc in load it it should install all updates then after game has finished installing press PS button on controller go to playstation plus and download all sims 4 saves and user data that you uploaded. Then go to playstation store go to purchases then on sims 4 game click it to open it then under the games icon you will see different options click  on Playstation Store option under games info under Trending In the store click on Game Icon like mine shows SIMS 4 and next to it will say ADD ONS click on this to show all add ons then click the arrow pointing down icon next to each one to download each one. Click PS button on controller to return to game and load up a game.  When playing it will say unable to load some items quickly close this item then save then exit to main menu. This message box comes up for the ADD ON content you are downloading. Do this each time it comes up now save befor exit to main menu to have your add ons installed.

Now tonight it crashed after 2 days of playing with no crashes.

Message 21 of 39 (853 Views)

Re: PS4 Build Mode Crash?

Hero (Retired)

There's a bug in build mode with doors. When you crash, submit the report with Build Mode in the description

Message 22 of 39 (809 Views)

★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Already done that to be fair 🤷‍♂️
Message 23 of 39 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
Spoiler

They're applying a patch to fix the door/window thing Monday (or so they tweeted).

Message 24 of 39 (780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on xbox with no additional add ons and I have this problem with the base game.

Message 25 of 39 (774 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue, but I don’t have island living. It’s just every time I try to build or edit ANY house. EA come on.

Message 26 of 39 (770 Views)

★ Novice

Doesn’t seem to matter which map I build on. As soon as I add a door the game crashes. Only way around it right now is to place pre-built room and move door to location. 

Message 27 of 39 (766 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictAvanthalas Same thing is happening on Xbox too
Message 28 of 39 (742 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me with xbox one S since the last update

Message 29 of 39 (725 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
I have the same issue, but not all doors. Had it happen once with a window too. Building on the empty 50x50 lot it crashed if i placed doors in certain places only, not everywhere. Had to change layout to get around it.

I placed room for two bathrooms next to one another but accessible from different rooms - adding the door to one was fine, but adding to the other crashed it. As a result i had to keep saving before placing doors just in case.

I currently have a functional home, though some empty spaces for expansion.

Upset i cant do basements with window walls out to the sea.
Message 30 of 39 (648 Views)