PS4 Build Mode Crash?

by dillmcgrath

Original Post

Re: [PS4/XB1] Game crashes when building doors

★★★ Novice
@crinrictAvanthalas I think it's the update everyone has different packs I just got vampires yesterday. I can't really play the game now.
Message 11 of 39 (1,845 Views)

Console Build Mode Problems

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16.19.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Pets, Dine Out, Vampires, Get yo Work, City Living, and Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to build mode place a door, entire game crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to place a door, entire game crashes and resets work without a save.
What do you expect to see? Being able to place a door!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest Patch 7/16/19

Im upset that I am now unable to go into build mode and be expected to not be able to place any doors. I was so excited to build new houses with Island Living and especially the new update. I just want to play the game Frown

Message 12 of 39 (1,804 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, only have the base game and Sims Pets. Trying to build a vet clinic, game keeps crashing when I try to put in doors. Seems like it’s the cause of whatever this new update is. Any ideas if they’re fixing it??

Message 13 of 39 (1,729 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, windows are glitchy too (phantom windows just floating in the middle of rooms). Plus it’s super laggy on load screens and when switching between modes. 

Message 14 of 39 (1,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictAvanthalas This happened to me also. No Island Living expansion pack, but the same exact thing. I try to go to build mode and place a door anywhere, and it crashes. Every single time. I have the 1.16 update as well. I tried all the methods possible to solve this issue. Closed application/restarted it, restarted PS4, turned PS4 off then on again, un/reinstalled game, transferred all my DLC to PlayStation +(deleted everything and redownloaded it). Nothing worked. Still crashing every time I place a door. Sims isn’t the same without the ability to build a house. Please fix soon.
Message 15 of 39 (1,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. The only packs I have are; cats and dogs, laundry day, seasons, and get to work. I didn't have this problem at all until the new 1.16 update. I have a PS4. I have an updated system too. I have restarted my system multiple times and had no result. I never had this problem until this new update. If this could be fixed that would be great.

Message 16 of 39 (1,650 Views)

Xbox one S Sims 4 Crashes when placing doors in build mode.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16.19.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs parenthood Todlder stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Full house of 8 people , go start a vet build walls select any door and the console crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes to the home screen
What do you expect to see? I expect the door to be placed on the wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I didn't make it per-say but the title screen changed

This started happening on the 13th or 14th of July,2019 assuming after an update was pushed out. 

Message 17 of 39 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. It’s just been since the last update so whatever they did they messed the game up. 

That Twitter link someone posted says to put Doors in the subject of your crash report so they prioritize it.

I guess we just wait now.

Message 18 of 39 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictAvanthalas Same here. Five times I've tried to place a door and it would crash. I noticed that it was after an update.
Message 19 of 39 (1,579 Views)

PS4 Build Mode Crash?

★★ Novice

Since the July Patch I have not been able to build doors? Even tried deleting some save games to free up space and it still happens. 

I also don't have the laptop that was mentioned in the patch update. 

Is this going to be fixed? Quite annoying. 

Message 20 of 39 (1,483 Views)