Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4/XB1] Game crashes when building doors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs through Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room from scratch on the new Island Living 30x20 lots (short walls) and add any door.
What happens when the bug occurs? Crashes to blue screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to build doors and keep playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living.

Message 1 of 39 (4,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4/XB1] Game crashes when building doors

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

We released a patch yesterday which should fix this issue. You can find the complete patch notes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Console-July-22th-2019-Patch-notes/m-p/8040248#M...

Give it a try! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

Re: Crash when building doors (Island Living)

★★★ Newbie

Im getting this same exact issue. I just spent 50 dollars on dlc for the ps4 and it worked just fine before i got them now every single time i try placing down a door on a big building it crashes my game

Message 2 of 39 (4,576 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I asked a friend (also on PS4) to try to replicate this... when building on the new island she also crashed immediately when adding a door.  She was able to build a door in the original world Bargain Bend lot, however.

I hoped this meant that I could build on that lot, save to my library, and build from my library on the island, but when I tried to build on the Bargain Bend lot it still crashed the second I placed a door.

Message 3 of 39 (4,570 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine isn't PS4 I'm on Xbox and it's happening to me too, to the point I uninstalled and reinstalled but that d

nothing. 

Message 4 of 39 (4,557 Views)

★ Novice

Hey I play on Xbox One, but i had the same issue, i believe i fixed it tho for now, what i did was completely uninstall Sims 4 and all Sims 4 DLC i had and reinstalled it. Every DLC i had when reinstalling started changing artwork for the cover of each one and now that all my DLCs including Island Living changed when reinstalled, i can build doors no problem at the moment. I'd hate people to have to uninstall and reinstall everything they had but so far I am able to build doors and keep playing now. Hope I help and i dont speak too soon for this issue either. 

Message 5 of 39 (4,553 Views)

★★ Novice
@Avanthalas I'm on xbox and same issue. Doorways and arches dont work. Frown
Message 6 of 39 (4,526 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashes when building doors

★★★ Novice

Same with me, except i don’t own island living. It happened 3 times already. It crashed and it exited the game. 

Message 7 of 39 (4,499 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game crashes when building doors

Hero
Seems they are aware of this issue: https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1151228065755697158

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 39 (4,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is when mine crashed too, when I was placing  DOUBLE ARCHWAY/door 😩😩

Message 9 of 39 (4,465 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone! I had the same problem with my PS4. Updating the PS system software solved the problem!

Message 10 of 39 (4,340 Views)