by ChopnScrew210

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] [GF] Fame quirks still happening even after losing fame status

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Acquire a fame perk and then lose your fame status.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim has no fame and thus no quirk shows up in the Fame menu, but the sim will still be granted moodlets based on the quirk.
What do you expect to see? Quirks to go away properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As described. Noticed this with the Refined Palette quirk.

Message 1 of 12 (2,072 Views)

Re: [PS4] [GF] Fame quirks still happening even after losing fame status

★★ Novice

I’m also having this issue. My sim had 1 Star of game, got Vain Street as a quirk and then she’s lost her star and it sus her quirks reset but she still gets tense and will look in the mirror and still gets confident after she does so...

Message 2 of 12 (1,973 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still an issue for anyone? If so, could you possibly share a save file? We've been having trouble reproducing. Thanks for the help! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 12 (1,909 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick  I'm having this issue but I'm on PC. not console.  Not sure if you want saves for PC too? I have one if you do.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 12 (1,873 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Xbox One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? All of the time.
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Animal Hats, Cats & Dogs, Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Get to Work, Laundry Day, Life of the Party, Parenthood, Patio Stuff, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Up All Night, and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a Sim step into the spotlight and progress enough to receive a quirk slot. 2) Acquire a quirk. 3) Purchase "Quirk B Gone" from the reward store. 4) Have said Sim drink the potion and remove the quirk. (The bug CAN be repeated and all the "unlisted" quirks will stack)
What happens when the bug occurs? The removed quirk's moodlets and mannerisms are still apparent in the Sim. I.E, a Sim will still get the associated Angry and Sad moodlets after the "Juice Enthusiast" quirk has been removed and will frequently attempt to make drinks when in autonomy. The bug also persists if the Sim "Quits the Spotlight".
What do you expect to see? Fixed so only the Earned Quirks in the Fame Info tab should effect a Sim, not all of the past quirks taken and removed in the past.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. No cheats ever used either.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure. After purchasing Get Famous, I don't recall any updates from then up until the bug. Pretty sure this is a glitch with the expansion itself.

Xbox One user here, confirming it here as well.

I usually don't post on threads, but this problem is making it rather annoying to play on my main household; Speaking up to have this fixed soon.

I want to emphasize that the deleted quirks STACK! Meaning even though I got rid of Juice Enthusiast, No Touching, and Vein Street, ALL of their moodlets and behaviors still show. 

In theory, you could continuously glitch until you have ALL quirks on a Sim, if you're interested in such a handicap.

If it's of any help, here's a little more info about the Sim being effected the harshest and some screenshots of it happening.

Name: Kaze The Damned

Sex: Female

Species: Vampire

Main Traits: Childish, Slob, Outgoing

Marital Status: Single

Celebrity Level: Global Superstar (Symptoms started around B-List)

Current Job: Doctor

Residence: Brindleton Bay

Thanks in advance to anyone bumping this or any admins acknowledging my post. I'd be happy to add any more info.

Message 5 of 12 (1,822 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

Hero
@ChopnScrew210 I'm moving your post over to the current open thread for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,818 Views)

[XB1] [GF] Juice Addiction Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Xbox One S
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but no mods
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know
What happens when the bug occurs? Makes my sim crazy, unpredictable, angry, sad, game breaking
What do you expect to see? Just a stomping angry sim, angry, sad, craving juice
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has ruined my game.  I have a lot of time invested and never use cheats because I want achievements.  My sim gets angry, sad, craving juice from juice enthusiast quirk but the quirk does not show up to be removed.   I absolutely hate this quirk and wish they would just take it out of the game completely until fixed.  A lot of us dealt with people in real life with addictions and don’t want this in our game.  It makes it worse when I went to great lengths to avoid this quirk, no exposure to juice, and it still just randomly showed up.  It has ruined my game, making it unplayable, as I am stuck with this nonsense and it has turned my sim unpredictable to the point of annoying.  This is a really bad bug because it makes me not trust the game, especially after investing so much time with no issues.  I have searched and searched for a fix, nothing, I give up at this point... it has ruined the game for me trying to fix it, rather than play.  Even when I go back to previous save files... time and time again it suddenly will just show up, no warning, nothing causing it... like a virus.  I have no mods... never have... and I just can’t keep dealing with it.

Message 7 of 12 (1,824 Views)

Re: [XB1] [GF] Juice Addiction Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Haha reading this made me laugh so hard! YES - whether you use cheats or not all sims are addicted to juice it seems, It is the most annoying thing ever, especially when you play test a build and they are leaving their glasses everywhere.

*EDIT - this juice bug also occurs on PC

Message 8 of 12 (1,789 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @MsCafeNoir,

Thanks for adding that report. Standard smile We've merged it with this existing bug report to help us better track the issue. 

You mentioned the quirk wasn't showing up when you tried to remove it. Can you remember where you checked for the quirk and did this happen when you used the 'quirk b-gone' potion from the aspiration rewards store? If you have screenshots it would help us to get a visual on what you're seeing also. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 12 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes I got the 250 quirk be gone but the juice enthusiast does not show to be removed, just public number, and refined palate.  It is annoying because it will suddenly play loud ominous music and he will be angry all the time, he has five star fame.  I can send you screen shots if you have an Xbox live account I guess, not sure how to send on Xbox one s.  I just wish they would get rid of these quirks until fixed.  It really takes over your game, your sim, like a virus.

The only solution I have found is to buy a fountain of mirth, fill it with fruit punch, improve the drink, let him drink it, and he chills out.  Just don’t like dealing with something so similar to alcoholism in a game.  I don’t find it funny and I am not being sensitive, just some of us have been around this irl.  When it happened, I didn’t even know what was going on, when I figured it out, it freaked me out, my stomach sunk, the constant anger, stomping around, is a bit much, it shouldn’t be game breaking, and we should be able to remove it if it makes us uncomfortable.

I am currently trying to fix it by actually giving him the quirk so I can actually remove it.  It isn’t showing up to be removed but I have seen on other sites this does not work, not sure.  I really really hate this quirk!

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 10 of 12 (1,746 Views)