Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living Get famous Cats and dogs Parenthood Seasons Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your sim to an acting gig
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims don’t go to the acting gig and there is no way of making them go (such as the “go to work” button)
What do you expect to see? My sims to go to their acting gigs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the most recent Update ( 8/4/2020 )

In the get famous pack my sims don’t go to their acting gigs Frown

Message 1 of 20 (4,124 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim

Hero

Fixed the issue with the Actor Career where Sims were unable to complete their gig when they would travel and return home before it was time for the gig.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,661 Views)

All Replies

Re: Get famous - acting gig bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@THEalpaca26 See this for a temp solution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8...

After lots of testing this afternoon and confirmation from others, the following workaround should work in all cases

1. Cancel any stuck gigs you already have. You won't be able to complete them
  2. Get a new gig
  3. If you don't have the perk that allows you to skip auditions, you're allowed to travel until you have to go to the audition. I would make sure you're on the home lot before the audition starts.
  4. Do not travel, Go to CAS, the Map, Household Manager or reload the save game until you get the pop-up to go to work. No Loading screens allowed between the audition and the gig.
  5. It's no problem to let the the Sim go to the audition or other rabbit hole events. If you have another active career you play in that household, always send the Sim alone.
  6. Once you get the gig pop-up you can join the Sim at the set and do the task there. There should be no problem fulfilling them.
  7. You can then travel again until you get the next gig.
  8. You can save your game in between but not re-load or turn off.

For anyone where these steps don't work, please make sure you remove all your mods and test on a vanilla game to make sure it's not a mod issue.

So far, I've duplicated it for the following actions:

• Reloading the game while you have a gig open (after audition)
  • Travelling to another lot while you have a gig open (after audition)
  • Using Household Manager (after audition)
  • Going to CAS (after audition)

These didn't trigger it for me

• Going to build mode and changing things
  • Saving the game
  • Pressing M, then pressing M again to go back
  • Going for a jog in the neighborhood without switching lots
  • Going for a walk  with the dog in the neighborhood without switching lots

For those that are still having issues: Which gig are you choosing ? Does that matter ?

------------------------

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,075 Views)

Can’t play go to work

★ Novice

I want to talk about something you don't mention above: Since the update on April 8,2020 I can’t play go to work the actor
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Since the new update on Wednesday I can’t play go to work being a actor but before The update I could but now I can’t. I can go on auditions but when it’s time for me to actually play at work as a actor it won’t let me. It’s not even an option to go. It says the second part of the audition tune starts at 12pm & then the times comes & it isn’t even a option to go
How is this making it more difficult? I can’t play go to work
How can we reproduce this experience? Fix it so I can play go to work as a actor

Can’t play

Message 3 of 20 (4,186 Views)

Betreff: Can’t play go to work

@Becky890511 

I moved your post to the Bug thread about this issue.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 20 (4,167 Views)

My sims aren’t going their gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? CUH-2115B
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work City living Cats & Dogs Expansion pack Seasons Get famous Spa Day Dine out Parenthood Perfect Patio Cool Kitchen Spooky Stuff Movie Hangout Kids Room Bowling Night Fitness Laundry Day Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When it’s time for my Sims gig on get famous, the game won’t let them go to there gig. No phone call or notification appears when it’s their time to go to their gig. I’ve tried waiting for a couple of seconds or an hour at least but there’s nothing happening. Plus If you go on the bottom where you click on your career panel, you can see the time has ran out when it’s their time to go.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get my sim to there gig, they won’t go to there gig, it happens constantly.
What do you expect to see? My sims going to there gigs and finishing them Until they are ready to go home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? CUH-2115B
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work City living Cats & Dogs Expansion pack Seasons Get famous Spa Day Dine out Parenthood Perfect Patio Cool Kitchen Spooky Stuff Movie Hangout Kids Room Bowling Night Fitness Laundry Day Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When it’s time for my Sims gig on get famous, the game won’t let them go to there gig. No phone call or notification appears when it’s their time to go to their gig. I’ve tried waiting for a couple of seconds or an hour at least but there’s nothing happening. Plus If you go on the bottom where you click on your career panel, you can see the time has ran out when it’s their time to go.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to get my sim to there gig, they won’t go to there gig, it happens constantly.
What do you expect to see? My sims going to there gigs and finishing them Until they are ready to go home.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please help! Take care and stay safe! 

Message 5 of 20 (4,017 Views)

Actress not working ps4

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? GP08: 1.asset.live-hp08.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect for the following - spooky stuff - romantic gardens - tiny living - luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prompt an actress to go to work more than once
What happens when the bug occurs? My actress will be able to go to auditions every time and the first time I will be prompt to go to work or stay home but after that I do not get any prompt I just get the time counting down till “0 minutes” and that’s where it will stay until I cancel the gig. I haven’t downloaded anything special and I only use the cheats “motherlode” and “move objects” I have tried to not use these and will still get this issue. Also I have seen the other article saying not to travel but I haven’t travelled at all my sim was at home the whole day. The ea help system is super frustrating! I had to speak to 3 different people and had to re explain the issue all 3 times and then was transferred on the 4th to be told they can’t help me and I will have to explain yet again on this site.. they should be able to help no matter the issue or pass you on to the team that deals with these bugs/issues.
What do you expect to see? The actress to be prompted every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

F9763805-8021-417B-BE4E-340AEC6C97C6.jpeg5C2C7CB7-11F1-4822-8E3B-365D6DA8514D.jpeg

Message 6 of 20 (3,898 Views)

get famous bugs for acting career

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together,City living, Cats and dogs, Seasons, Get famous, Island living, Dine out, Vampires, Laundry day, Vintage glamor, Movie hangout, spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim in the actor career and get them to have a gig and get them to pass it and wait untill they have to go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? no notification when there is an hour until they need to go to work but the countdown still happens in the job section and when it is time for them to go to work they don't go and there is no pop up to join them or send them by their self it happens a lot of the time only some gigs it doesn't effect.
What do you expect to see? the pop up to come up and the notification for the hour until they need to go to work

my sim is level two of the actor career and for some to most of the gigs have a bug where once my sim has passed the audition. I get them to meet the requirement and the day where they have to do the gig the notification where it says an hour until work starts. It does not appear for my sim but the timer in the job panel still happens and I don't get the pop up where I can join my sim to their acting job or them send by themselves. Also the timer says zero minutes and hours go by but they don't go to work.

Message 7 of 20 (3,869 Views)

Sim

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? I don’t know where to find this
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous Island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have tried troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing works.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim on get famous - passes their audition but doesn’t go to gigs so I can’t progress in the career
What do you expect to see? My sim goes to gigs so I can become more famous
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

On the sims 4 - get famous my sim won’t go to gigs so I can’t progress and get fame. 

Message 8 of 20 (3,828 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@Missdanio This is a common problem since the update on Apr 7. Acting Sims won't go to their gig, or even get the popup, if you travel between the audition and the gig. The workaround is simply to keep them at home until the gig takes place. After the gig, they can travel as much as you want as long as they do it before their next audition. (Sims who don't get auditions need to stay home from the moment they book the gig.)

The main discussion of this problem is at:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/893...
Message 9 of 20 (3,817 Views)

Hero
@Missdanio Merged your post with the console thread on this.

See workaround in the solution post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,808 Views)