Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4/XB1] [FIXED] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.16
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, cool kitchen stuff, strangerville, get to work, dine out, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get a sim to dark meditate
What happens when the bug occurs? A yellow question mark appears and the won't meditate
What do you expect to see? The sim to dark meditate
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update v1.16

Message 1 of 10 (2,617 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: [PS4/XB1] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

Hero

• Vampires seemed to be confused about how to use Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions, and they wouldn’t be able to do it. We took them into a dark place and explained the situation - now they can do both, putting them onto the path of the most powerful Vampire ever!

This should be fixed for Console as well now

Patch 1.17

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,197 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dark meditation bug

★★★★★ Guide

This is a bug they just fixed on PC with today's patch. Console versions tend to be behind the PC version in terms of fixes, though.

I think you should edit the title to mention that you're on Playstation 4 so there's no confusion.Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (2,546 Views)

Hero
Since we're almost caught up with patches now, hopefully this will also get fixed on the next console patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,522 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★ Novice
@crinrictKorbus50 im on ps4 so no mods, cant do dark meditation or influence emotions anymore jist a question mark on the sims when i try to do the command
Message 4 of 10 (2,481 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★ Novice

I’m on  PS4 so no mods. Dark meditation isn’t working, which sucks because I use it all the time to regenerate vampire power. 

I also have “ influence emotions” is that a vampire perk? I just started my game and only used one perk in hallucination. So I’m guessing it’s a bug that that’s even there. It also doesn’t work though same results as dark meditation. Question mark above head and they cancel the action like they can’t do it. 

I see it says it’s fixed, but it’s not fixed for me. My games all up to date and I have the new update that added all the lgbt stuff in. 

Pls help E.A. it may sound dumb but I really don’t wanna play sims if I can’t use my main source of vamp power regeneration. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues and I also noticed that I was unable to change my Sims dark form without it changing her normal form. She just aged up to a teen so I wanted to fix how her dark form looked. Now I have to wait because I want the two forms to look different. 

Message 6 of 10 (2,408 Views)

Hero
@Shizzy_Nitnat There's a little link icon now. If that is turned on, they both change. Just unlink the forms and you can edit them individually.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!! 

Message 8 of 10 (2,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, I'm a console only player and I too have been having this issue since the latest update. Very annoying. Hopefully we'll get a fix with the next update since the PC users just did.

Message 9 of 10 (2,274 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

• Vampires seemed to be confused about how to use Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions, and they wouldn’t be able to do it. We took them into a dark place and explained the situation - now they can do both, putting them onto the path of the most powerful Vampire ever!

This should be fixed for Console as well now

Patch 1.17

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,198 Views)