Re: [PS4/XB1] Controls in Build/Buy mode

by XxSilverPhoenix

Original Post

Bug that prevents building has been happening since recent update...

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, laundry day stuff, parenthood, dine out, kids room stuff, cats and dogs, backyard stuff, romantic garden stuff, get together, get to work, seasons, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, luxury party stuff, get famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode from manage worlds. Proceed to build, it’s more likely to occur when you go to landscaping and try to place down trees, etc. Most of the time it snaps and doesn’t allow you to move around outside the box in the bottom left. When you press circle it goes back to normal but after you get back into the hud you can’t press circle to leave the hud and move the cursor around to move or grab objects or anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? Prevents you from being able to move the curser or anything like that.
What do you expect to see? I try to leave the hud but can’t. Forced to move around the hud and go to managed worlds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug has only just started after the recent update with keyboard support came to the game.

This bug has been causing problems with gameplay, primarily in build mode

Message 21 of 34 (2,523 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox ONE control issues

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure sp07.74 or sp13.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except romantic garden stuff, fitness stuff, backyard stuff, perfect patio stuff for Xbox one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug happens randomly. Happens on 4 different Xbox systems The bug causes controls not to work correctly. Picking up items to move in live version when just clicking to use item. Unable to rotate items when in build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug happens randomly. Happens on 4 different Xbox systems The bug causes controls not to work correctly. Picking up items to move in live version when just clicking to use item. Unable to rotate items when in build mode.
What do you expect to see? Be able to rotate in build and item using not causing item to be lifted for movement in live mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Spa Day installed

What is your current game version number? Not sure sp07.74 or sp13.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except romantic garden stuff, fitness stuff, backyard stuff, perfect patio stuff for Xbox one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug happens randomly. Happens on 4 different Xbox systems The bug causes controls not to work correctly. Picking up items to move in live version when just clicking to use item. Unable to rotate items when in build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug happens randomly. Happens on 4 different Xbox systems The bug causes controls not to work correctly. Picking up items to move in live version when just clicking to use item. Unable to rotate items when in build mode.
What do you expect to see? Be able to rotate in build and item using not causing item to be lifted for movement in live mode.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Spa day

Message 22 of 34 (2,485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox One X with all DLC. I have cleared game data and reserved space from console, restarted,etc... In build mode, especially when selecting an existing objects, I have a lot of issues:

- selecting sometimes doesn't select

- selecting and trying to sell sometimes copies instead

- can't rotate selected objects

Message 23 of 34 (2,464 Views)

XB1 Build/Buy Control Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? v1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Kids room stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build/Buy mode Bug happens randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? I'll be in build/buy mode and suddenly, my controls will stop working. When swapping between floors, my game will skip certain floors. For example, my house had three floors. I tried to go up to the second floor, but it only let me see the first and third floor. Grid does not turn off when I try to turn it off, undo button stops working, if I go into the control panel, it gets stuck and I cannot exit and I can't use my pointer unless I go into the pause menu. When I go into the pause menu, I can only use the pointer instead of being able to scroll up and down the options. Then after I save my game, the pointer disappears and I cannot leave the pause menu anymore. I have to reload my game. Also, all of my terrain dirt randomly disappears when I reload a lot I was building.
What do you expect to see? All of the controls should work. Game should show all floors. I should be able to look at my controls without getting stuck and go into my pause menu without getting stuck. I should be able to undo and remove the grid when I need to. My terrain paint should stay after it I place and save it in my game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Vampires, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Toddler Stuff, Kids room stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build/Buy mode Bug happens randomly
What happens when the bug occurs? I'll be in build/buy mode and suddenly, my controls will stop working. When swapping between floors, my game will skip certain floors. For example, my house had three floors. I tried to go up to the second floor, but it only let me see the first and third floor. Grid does not turn off when I try to turn it off, undo button stops working, if I go into the control panel, it gets stuck and I cannot exit and I can't use my pointer unless I go into the pause menu. When I go into the pause menu, I can only use the pointer instead of being able to scroll up and down the options. Then after I save my game, the pointer disappears and I cannot leave the pause menu anymore. I have to reload my game. Also, all of my terrain dirt randomly disappears when I reload a lot I was building.
What do you expect to see? All of the controls should work. Game should show all floors. I should be able to look at my controls without getting stuck and go into my pause menu without getting stuck. I should be able to undo and remove the grid when I need to. My terrain paint should stay after it I place and save it in my game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I should note that I made sure that it isn't my Xbox or controller. All of my controls and buttons work when I exit my game.

Message 24 of 34 (2,424 Views)

Re: XB1 Build/Buy Control Glitch

Hero

HI @RenasaiHaru 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 34 (2,405 Views)

Xbox/PS4 Build Mode Function Problems

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects randomly disappear, certain floors don't show in multi level louses, terrain paint disappears after reloading a saved lot, cursor disappears, buttons stop working or do the wrong thing, I get stuck in build mode, the control menu, or options menu.
What do you expect to see? When in build mode, objects shouldn't randomly disappear, all floors should show when switching up/downstairs, saved terrain paint should stay, cursor should not disappear or freeze, buttons should function appropriately, and I shouldn't get stuck in build mode, control menu, or the options menu.
Please describe the patch or change you made. version 1.14

This only happens in The Sims, all my other games and buttons function normally.

Message 26 of 34 (2,395 Views)

Re: Xbox/PS4 Build Mode Function Problems

Hero

Hi @022301 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 34 (2,372 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
  1. Having the same issue, and even more than what is listed and I am on PS4.

There is another thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Build-mode-glitches-after-April-16th-update/m-p/...

This is where I posted my issue initially, and I have a very long comment detailing everything about it that I’ve seen for anyone who needs to see it. Maybe upvoting and commenting there too will help.
Message 28 of 34 (2,359 Views)

Multiple bugs on PS4

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night, Dine out, Jungle adventure, Cool kitchen, Parenthood, Toodler stuff, Movie hangout, Outdoor retreat, Vampires, Luxery party, Romantic garden, Kids room, Laundry day, Vintage glamour, Backyard stuff, Get to work, Seasons, Get together, City living, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build and buy in live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? In build and buy there are multiple problems; - Can't turn things - Can't switch between full, half and free placement - It copies instead of selling things - Sometimes certain buttons stop working Pool (since update with Christmas items) steam comes in bursts and bubbles do not work Can't take family leave Negative moodlets don't disappear with teens after jogging to clear mind
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to build and buy without having to reload the game. I expect the steam and bubbles to be in the pool I expect to be able to take family leave with my sim when they have had their child I expect moodlet to disappear after the number of hours it says
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since update with Christmas items and newest update

There's been problems with the pool since the update that gave us the christmas items, and now after the newest update there has been more problems showing up which make the game hard to even play. 

Message 29 of 34 (2,315 Views)

Re: Multiple bugs on PS4

Hero

HI @ViolentBunny31 

I merged your post with the general buy/build mode troubles thread.

There's others separate one for some of the things you mention like this one: https://slack-redir.net/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fanswers.ea.com%2Ft5%2FBug-Reports%2FPS4-Erasing-items...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 34 (2,293 Views)