by Flutterfae

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] Can't remove Vampire features in sims 4 CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.10
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all Game packs, stuff packs, and expansion except for seasons and Get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You seem to be able to remove them as normal when you edit households through "Manage worlds". Not really a fix, but a way around the bug as a temporary measure.
What happens when the bug occurs? While using CaS to create a Vampire sim, I am unable to remove vampire face features from either the sims normal form or dark form after they have been selected. I can change it to a different feature in a category, but I cannot remove the feature. Affected features are as follows: Vampire brows, Vampire sockets, eye details, cheeks, and Vampire mouth. All other features work as expected.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the additional features de-select when I click on them a second time, as they did before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem started occurring after I installed the cats and Dogs and laundry day.

It's an issue with create a sim. When you go to make a Vampire sim in the new household, it will not let you rid yourself of the extra vampire facial features... the ones that SHOULD be optional. It seems to only be vampire sims that are affected. I have not encountered this issue with alien, pet, or human sims. While you CAN get rid of the features as normal when you go to edit households, it is frustrating and unnecessarily tedious to have to do so. I noticed it after Installing Cats and Dog and Laundry day... I think it might be a bit of conflicting code? I'm not sure though. 

Message 1 of 6 (7,679 Views)

Re: Can't remove Vampire features in sims 4 CAS

★★★ Newbie

Whoops... misread 'find' as 'fix'. My bad.

Message 2 of 6 (7,668 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Flutterfae

To remove those features you need to highlight the vampire features icons (brows, sockets, cheeks...) and press Triangle. (Y for X1)

The Sims™ 4.jpg

Have you tried that already?

Keep us posted! :D

Message 3 of 6 (7,639 Views)

★ Novice

I am currently having this issue on Xbox one as well! It happens on 3 out of 5 vampires I make. 

Message 4 of 6 (7,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The problem is that section of  the menu isn't showing up

Message 5 of 6 (7,382 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That menu isn't showing up for me... the crack details are getting annoying.

Message 6 of 6 (6,533 Views)