by Grimgirlnc

Original Post

[PS4/XB1] Build Mode issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Perfect Patio Stuff, and City Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode, controller cursor gets locked into the menus, level up and down button will skip floors. ect.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't move out of the menu no matter what, can't level up down correctly, sometimes top down will toggle on and off while selecting something to place in the build mode and will hang up. Nothing corrects this. Going to map view will occasionally fix it, but it requires several tries. Only for the problem to repeat itself minutes later.
What do you expect to see? A normally functioning game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that released the Lunar New Year stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUp7qFrF5cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkdXlQzAXvU

Message 1 of 11 (2,743 Views)

Re: Build Mode issues

Hero

@Grimgirlnc 

there was a patch yesterday to address build mode issues on console.

Are you still having issues after installing that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,691 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the second video was taken after the patch had installed. The problems are still occurring as they were before.  

Message 3 of 11 (2,678 Views)

Hero
OK. Thank you.

I'll forward this to QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,669 Views)

XB1- Build mode still not working.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, cool kitchen stuff, done out, get to work, romantic garden stuff, toddler stuff, vampires, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode. It happens randomly while selecting objects. It happens 100% of the time after using build mode cheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I type build mode cheats, the camera stops working. I can’t move walls, I can’t go into birds eye view, I can’t go up or down levels. I have to retune the cheats to fix it. On other occasions, my selection tool (arrow) won’t get out of the “automatic” selection function, where it skips from button to button- instead of allowing me to move it independently.
What do you expect to see? Build mode to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As stated above... 

The only issues the last patch fixed were the issues with wayward camera, and cloning instead of deleting items. My arrow still gets stuck in the selection panels, and every time, my camera won’t move after putting in bb.moveobjects

Message 5 of 11 (2,618 Views)

Re: XB1- Build mode still not working.

Hero

Hi @KushKylie 

merged this with current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,595 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] Build Mode issues

Community Manager (retired)

@Grimgirlnc We've been able to reproduce the cursor issues, but we're not seeing any issues with level up/level down not working properly. If you're still having this issue, could you possibly share a save file? Instructions are in the following link, thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 11 (2,543 Views)

★★ Novice

I can try to, it's less frequent than the cursor issue. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,494 Views)

★★ Novice

The problem with changing floors happens when moveobjects is active, it gets locked into resizing even though the triggers aren't being held down. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,418 Views)

Re: XB1- Build mode still not working.

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m having this problem on my PS4 game now, read this was meant to be fixed.
Lots of bugs are occurring not just this one ( all reported)
Thank you
Message 10 of 11 (2,130 Views)