by CatGamesTv

Original Post

[PS4] Writing book bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base Game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Steps, begin by writing a book on your computer, stop writing the book after a minute or two and go do other actions, go back and continue to write your book on the computer, once the sim heads back to the computer, the action icon of writing a book is bugged, then the sim wont even write the book while the action is activated, if you try to cancel the action, an x will go through the icon but the action wont disappear and will remain on screen until you reload the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once you perform the above steps, the sim will go back to write the book again, but instead of writing, the sim will sit at the computer doing nothing, the action will get stuck on your screen and you cannot cancel it unless you restart the game, the action icon of writing a book is also bugged.
What do you expect to see? I expect that if you cancel writing a book and later go back to continue writing the same book, the sim will actually write the book properly instead of just sitting there, I also expect the action to be cancelled and disappear once I click cancel writing a book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4w1ltDyfuU 

I tried to post the video in the forums but it wouldn't work so here's a link to my uploaded video of the bug on youtube.

Message 1 of 4 (1,143 Views)

Re: [PS4] Writing book bug

EA Staff

Hi @CatGamesTv

We have not been able to reproduce this issue at our end. 

Is this still occurring for your? If so, would you be willing to send us your save files? You can find the instructions here.

Thank you very much Standard smile 

Message 2 of 4 (984 Views)

★ Novice

Not this specific bug or version, but sims cannot write genre books right now. 100% base game. Since the minute the new update was installed. making things a little difficult when my main sim is a professional writer.

Message 3 of 4 (931 Views)

Hero
@GreySimms Are you on PC or Console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (918 Views)