Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

by MissHawkGirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Unable to resume painting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, vintage glamour, and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start any type of painting and leave it unfinished 2. Leave the area of residence 3. Return and click on unfinished painting and the only option it says is “Scrap Painting”
What happens when the bug occurs? After I leave my lot I’m not able to resume my painting and the only option is to scrap it. Since this on the PlayStation and not on pc (read another forum there’s no other forum someone has posted for PlayStation) I don’t have the option to move my painting into my inventory for resume painting to reappear and it’s really frustrating especially since you have to pay for these canvases
What do you expect to see? I expect to see “resume painting”
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌yall website is tripping making all this reload onto this box instead of where it was suppose to fill -.-

Message 1 of 5 (653 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i realized the same solution works for the ps4 it’s just really weird using the inventory and moving objects around sometimes on the ps4 so I thought it wasn’t working

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (520 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PS4] Unable to resume painting

★★★ Novice

This problem has been showing up in my game as well, since a couple of updates ago. The solution I've found is to grab the painting while in "live mode" using the square button on PS4 and drag it to a wall like it's been completed and place it. Then grab it again still using square button and drag back to easel. You should now get option to resume painting. It's a bit of a pain, but it works for me until a better fix comes along! Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (545 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm adding a 'me too' since I am also experiencing this issue. However, I play on console so this issue seems to be game wide at the moment. There is a post of the same nature by @sweetmangos2 who is also experiencing this issue on console. 

The work around listed works. Also you can drag the painting to the wall and place it then drag it back to the canvas and this will also make the painting editable again. If you don't feel like fussing with your inventory Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (538 Views)

Hero

Hi @MissHawkGirl

moved your second post over to the console thread as well. 

It's better to keep everything separate atm cause consoles and PC aren't on the same patch level

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i realized the same solution works for the ps4 it’s just really weird using the inventory and moving objects around sometimes on the ps4 so I thought it wasn’t working

Message 5 of 5 (521 Views)