Re: Sims won't delete from library?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] Unable to delete user made households from the library.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe edition base game + DLC bundle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Delete a user made household from the library. Close game and restart it. Then go back to library to see if the household is actually gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you delete a user made household from the library (with the green triangle button), it disappears from library but next time you load the game, the household is still there. I don't know if this issue applies to user made lots as well, but I suspect it might be the same. Initially I was making a new family and because it was taking so long, I kept saving to library so that I could continue editing that family later, thinking that I was going to be able to delete the unfinished versions afterwards. Now I got a few households I don't want to have in my library.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to delete from the library households I created. You have to close the game and restart it to see that the household you deleted is still there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

text

Message 1 of 19 (8,747 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Unable to delete user made households from the library.

★★★★ Novice

This issue was fixed with the update we had earlier this month. We can delete things from the library now without any problems.

View in thread

Message 14 of 19 (9,749 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I would try deleting the save, exit the library, go back into the library, check to see if the save is gone, and then exit the game. If the problem does still continue hopefully Crinrict will be able to help with this problem. Happy Simming! =D

Message 2 of 19 (8,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You cannot delete saves on the console. The only thing you can do is overwrite a previous save, and obviously that has not worked.

Anyone else knows how to solve this issue?

Message 3 of 19 (8,551 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, maybe just overwrite that save with another household?

Message 4 of 19 (8,526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have done that several times. It doesn't help.

Message 5 of 19 (8,503 Views)

★ Guide

Then I don't know what to say, sorry... =(

Message 6 of 19 (8,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. It makes the library and managing it useless. Just to reiterate, as long as you're in game the household stays deleted. Its when you totally close the game and restart that every household you've deleted comes back.

Message 7 of 19 (8,386 Views)

Sims won't delete from library?

★ Apprentice
Apologies if this has been asked before. On my PS4, I made some Sims and saved them to my Library, then deleted them. But now every time I load up my save, they're all there again. Is there any way to permanently delete them?
Message 8 of 19 (8,258 Views)
Highlighted

EA app Team

Hi @PolluxSims,

I have merged your thread in here as it's something that has been reported by @JPNeko and @SkorpiaGrl as well.

Thanks everyone for your reports!

-Mai

Message 9 of 19 (8,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really hope they include a fix for this issue on the next patch update. Shocked

Message 10 of 19 (8,163 Views)