by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[PS4] Unable to Replace Patchy

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Patchy get struck by lightning.
What happens when the bug occurs? Patchy can not be replaced like other objects struck by lightning. He turns into an ash pile and the pile can not be interacted with. His friendship bar stays over the ashes and he still comes out of and returns to the ashes.
What do you expect to see? Being able to click on a lightning destroyed stump to replace it like any other object struck by lightning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My patchy lives in Oasis Springs and there's thunderstorms almost never. I didn't even notice his stump was gone because he still was wandering around the house. All around the house gets struck by lightning but the lightning ignores the giant rocketship and instead obliterates my poor Patchy! I can't even just replace his stump!

Message 1 of 5 (1,005 Views)

Re: [PS4] Unable to Replace Patchy

★ Apprentice

If you buy a new patchy, at first it will seem like it's not the same one because you have to chat with the scarecrow again to get him to come to life, but as soon as he comes to life he is back to the same Patchy with the same relationship you had before.

Message 2 of 5 (950 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Sounds similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Patchy-s-base-burnt-while-Patchy-away-so-he-is/m... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (942 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict I am uncertain, as my Patchy still used the ashes to spawn and despawn. 

The other post I have seen something similar but it's when Patchy's current owner dies and there's no one in the household who has his post form friended, Patchy still arrives and does things around the house, but there's still a Patchy on the post. 

That second Patchy will leave and arrive through the front door instead of using the occupied stump until a household member befriends the stump, then the stump acts as the spawn point properly. 

Other times, though rarely, he doesn't ever seen to go back to his stump. He'll stay all night and eat and use the bathroom and then reset and go back to his stump properly. 

Message 4 of 5 (932 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok. So i know this post is like a year old but Ive just run into a similar situation with Patchy except my Patchy was alive during the thunderstorm. Bothel Patchy AND his post were struck seperately by 2 different bolts of lightning. This resulted in the ash pile mentioned previously as well as a blackened Patchy (all burnt like when a reg. sim gets struck). Burnt-Patchy does not interact with his ash-pile stump. He just stands there in the same place he was struck. As a reg. Sim I am able to interact with the ash pile but only with a normal "throw away" interaction. There doesnt seem to be a way for me to get Patchy's stuml back and if I buy a 2nd Patchy there will be 2 Patchys on the lot but only one stump. Not really sure how to fix this. Maybe I can add Patchy to my household, move him out, delete him, buy a new Patchy and start over with the friendship bar? 

Console player. No Mods/cc.

Message 5 of 5 (767 Views)