by RotcodfoX

Original Post

[PS4] UI bugs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game; no expansions, game packs, or stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game for a few hours and you'll see what I mean. These bugs typically occur at random, but often begin when repeatedly switching between cursor and menu highlight selection, or frequently changing between Build Mode and Live Mode. They can also appear when using the phone menu, pausing while menus are open in-game, switching between Sims repeatedly, or sometimes by simply moving the cursor upwards while in the "Objects by Room" section of Build Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? While playing, selecting menu options generally works just fine half the time, but for the other half of the time, they suddenly begin misbehaving, sometimes at an agressive level. The game seems to struggle with deciding whether or not to use the cursor or menu selection, causing it to start switching back and forth between them without consent, making it extremely difficult to buy objects or do basic interactions. However, the worst bug of all is when the game suddenly thinks it's a good idea to start moving BOTH the cursor AND the menu selection at the same time, which I believe is caused by having a menu (such as the aspirations menu) open while pausing the game. The only way to fix it is by saving and exiting to the menu, which is nearly impossible since it prevents yu from being able to select anything. There's also a rare glitch that makes your cursor vanish, which sometimes happens when entering a new location.
What do you expect to see? I would like to have FULL control over my selections while playing, instead of having to struggle with the controls. An easy fix would be to just add an option (preferably toggled ON by default) in the "Gameplay" section of Game Options, which limts the controls to JUST the cursor alone, by disabling menu highlight selection. That way, the cursor would ALWAYS stay on screen by functioning as if it were a PC cursor, as well as simplify the controls for newcomers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game; no expansions, game packs, or stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game for a few hours and you'll see what I mean. These bugs typically occur at random, but often begin when repeatedly switching between cursor and menu highlight selection, or frequently changing between Build Mode and Live Mode. They can also appear when using the phone menu, pausing while menus are open in-game, switching between Sims repeatedly, or sometimes by simply moving the cursor upwards while in the "Objects by Room" section of Build Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? While playing, selecting menu options generally works just fine half the time, but for the other half of the time, they suddenly begin misbehaving, sometimes at an agressive level. The game seems to struggle with deciding whether or not to use the cursor or menu selection, causing it to start switching back and forth between them without consent, making it extremely difficult to buy objects or do basic interactions. However, the worst bug of all is when the game suddenly thinks it's a good idea to start moving BOTH the cursor AND the menu selection at the same time, which I believe is caused by having a menu (such as the aspirations menu) open while pausing the game. The only way to fix it is by saving and exiting to the menu, which is nearly impossible since it prevents yu from being able to select anything. There's also a rare glitch that makes your cursor vanish, which sometimes happens when entering a new location.
What do you expect to see? I would like to have FULL control over my selections while playing, instead of having to struggle with the controls. An easy fix would be to just add an option (preferably toggled ON by default) in the "Gameplay" section of Game Options, which limts the controls to JUST the cursor alone, by disabling menu highlight selection. That way, the cursor would ALWAYS stay on screen by functioning as if it were a PC cursor, as well as simplify the controls for newcomers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 
‌This link explains some of these isues prevalent in the game: http://in.ign.com/m/the-sims-4-game-ps4/115797/review/the-sims-4-xbox-one-and-playstation-4-review

Message 1 of 2 (520 Views)

Re: UI bugs in Sims 4 on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Also, this doesn't really have to do with this, but The Sims 4 has some performance issues on PS4. However, after I changed my PS4 resolution to 480p, it runs fine now. I don't really mind playing in non-HD, but I know that a lot of other people do.
Message 2 of 2 (509 Views)