by DJayBlackout2

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS4] Trophies not unlocking

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.13
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work Cool Kitchen Stuff Dine Out Vampires City Living Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Earn $1,000,000 Max out most skills
What happens when the bug occurs? No trophies are earned. I have only earned 3. Black Widow, My You Have Changed, and Triple Play.
What do you expect to see? I expect to earn the Trophies I am missing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve legitimately maxed out multiple skills and have earned over $2,000,000 with my Sim’s retail business. I get some trophies but non of the skill based or monetary based ones.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 9 of 47 (14,372 Views)

Trophies Not Being Awarded

★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available for PS4.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try unlocking the piano, guitar or violin skill achievements.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't get the achievement when your sim gets to level 10 in any of those skills.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to be awarded the achievements when completing them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since a few days ago, I am no longer being awarded any trophies for completing achievements. I've had 2 sims get to level 10 of the piano, guitar and violin skill and also achieved the top level in the entertainer career, but still didn't receive any trophies. I have not used any cheats on that save and my Internet connection has not had any issues.

Message 1 of 47 (15,442 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Achievements not Unlocking

★★ Novice
I am having this same problem on the PS4. I have unlocked a few trophies, but after I purchased the vampire expansion pack and the city living pack and the glamour stuff pack, I have run into so many bugs and now the trophies are not unlocking when I should be achieving them.
Message 2 of 47 (15,225 Views)

Ps4/Xbox - trophies / achievement not unlocking

★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Without activating any cheat in the game, Have a sim Lvl up skills to 10 like writing, paiting, programming, logic , etc trophy won’t unlock even after doing the same thing with a completly different sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trophies stop unlocking
What do you expect to see? Trophy should unlock and pop in a corner of the screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It happens with the whoohoing a ghost trophy also... it doesn’t matter how many times i try to get the trophy, it always bugs
Message 3 of 47 (14,511 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Ghost Trophies won't pop

★★★ Newbie

For me it is console- PS4. 

Message 4 of 47 (14,454 Views)

Hero

Hi @Bloodanddiamonds

I merged your posts with existing bug report then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 47 (14,445 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m up to 76% unlocked and so far all trophies have been unlocking.

Yesterday had my sim reach top of the culinary career and no unlock. At first I thought maybe I just didn’t get the notification because that has happened before but, no, still locked. The only things different with this Sim is that he’s the first vampire I’ve played and he is a Sim that comes with the game and was already high up in the career when I moved him in with my other Sims. Finally, I read one person suggesting having the game on fast forward may interfere with trophies. I think this is the first time I’ve had the game at top speed when coming home from work and being promoted to the top career track. 

I’ll get him to quit and rejoin to see if maybe that will work. 

Message 6 of 47 (14,730 Views)

[PS4] Trophies not unlocking

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.12
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max a skill or career path
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to unlock any trophy
What do you expect to see? A trophy notification and my trophy count to increase
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After purchasing the Cats & Dogs expansion

After purchasing the Cats & Dogs pack, I started a new save game. Got my sim to level 10 in a few skills I hadn't received trophies in, but no notification and my trophy count for the game has not gone up.

Tried one of my old saves, same thing.

Started a new game, still the same.

I have never cheated on the game so that's not why.

I have read elsewhere about the move 8 sims into a new household for the "full house" trophy, but that's not worked either.

I've reset the PS4 and rebuilt the database, short of deleting and reinstalling the game, I'm at a loss.

Any thoughts on why this is suddenly occurring? Or ways to trigger the trophies again?

Message 7 of 47 (12,177 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PS4] Trophies not unlocking

★★★ Newbie

I've also recently just updated to the new patch 1.13. Still not working for me.

Message 8 of 47 (12,151 Views)

Re: [PS4] Trophies not unlocking

Community Manager (retired)

@VinceLovato Do you have any cheats enabled? Trophies are not supposed to get unlocked if you're using cheats, this is by design. If you're having trouble with a particular achievement, I recommend checking out the TrueAchievements site, which has tons of guides for each trophy: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/The-Sims-4/achievements 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 47 (14,272 Views)