by noahg1357

Original Post

[PS4] Toddlers keep asking to be taken out of the highchair while hungry

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.14
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expainsion packs, all game packs except jungle adventure and for stuff packs I have laundry day, toddler, bowling and movie stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give it a shot
What happens when the bug occurs? When I put my toddler in a highchair to them food, I place the food and then either me or someone else in the household takes them back out immediately even if I try to pause and cancel the actions. I even had one whisked away due to this
What do you expect to see? The toddler should eat the food and not ask their parent to take them out to “run inside”
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As you see I have a bowl of of peas im putting on the chair but my son asked my wife to take him out

Message 1 of 4 (773 Views)

Re: [PS4] Toddlers keep asking to be taken out of the highchair while hungry

Hero (Retired)

I have also had this happen. Put the hungry toddler in the chair, the parent goes to get food, toddler asks out, parent stops getting food to let toddler out. Cancel the let toddler out, tell the parent to get food... In circles. The toddler will keep asking out and the parent will never get them food even with toddler hunger in red because the toddler keeps asking to be taken out of the chair instead of waiting for food the parent is trying to get.

I try to get the food first instead. Tell the parent to get food for toddler from fridge, they will put the food on the high chair then go get the toddler automatically, but it definitely doesn't work the other way around. 

Message 2 of 4 (743 Views)

★ Guide

Oh my god. The toddler highchair is a nightmare! Same thing here. The toddler will be hungry, I’ll cue up for a parent to put toddler in chair, to give food and to give drink. The parent Sim will put the toddler in the chair and before food or drink can be given, the toddler calls for one of the two parents to let them out. The cue to let the toddler out slips into the parent’s cue in front of everything else that is cued up for them to do. I cancel it and the toddler immediately asks to be let out again and it cues up again for the parent. I’ve disabled autonomy and it doesn’t work. The toddler still calls to be let out and the parent still does it. It’s an endless cycle that can’t be broken. I’ve wasted so much time trying to use this highchair. I play on a PS4 with no mods or custom content at all so the issue has nothing to do with anything like that. I have all the packs installed. The toddler shouldn’t get to call all the shots in a played household. They should only be let out of the highchair if the player cues it up for a parent to do. 

Message 3 of 4 (643 Views)

★ Guide

I’m also having the same issue. Right now I’m playing in Sulani and there is a thunderstorm going on outside. The toddler is in the house, hungry, and in a highchair with food sitting in front of them, but “run inside” keeps cueing up for the toddler and they keep asking the parent Sim to let them out of the highchair and I can’t stop the parent from doing it. UGH. 

Message 4 of 4 (643 Views)