by Blood0rchid

Original Post

[PS4] Take Selfie Mode poses showing from back

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Cats and Dogs (Bundle with Sims 4) Pets Stuff Camping Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I take a selfie or take photo with someone and change poses, it shows them from behind
What happens when the bug occurs? As said above, sometimes when I choose to take a selfie, or take a photo with someone, when it takes me to the screen to pose the sims, and choose the filters etc.. I am watching the sims as if I am taking the picture from behind them. They do go through all the poses I choose, but I see them only from the back.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims face(s) when taking the photos.. not the back of their heads.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Makes taking good photos quite hard when you cannot actually see what is in the frame for the photo....

Message 1 of 10 (2,377 Views)

Re: Take Selfie Mode poses showing from back?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Blood0rchid Is there another sim standing very close to your sim when taking a selfie? I tried taking a photo with another sim with each camera type and took 40 photographs. The only time I saw the back of a sim was when the sim I had been taking a photo with was standing too close.

The sim was standing directly in front of my sim for taking a selfie and this is what happened. It's the back of the second sim and not my selfie taking sim. The Sims™ 4_20200715140248.jpg

Message 2 of 10 (2,285 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper I dunno about them but it’s definitely a problem for me. I’m on Xbox One and whenever you take a selfie it starts out fine, but if you try to change the pose the sim will face turn to a different angle (like to the left or from behind) but the camera angle won’t change. So you cannot actually take a picture of their face unless you like the original starting pose.
Message 3 of 10 (2,265 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Hubble122 Can you get a video of it or a screenshot?
Message 4 of 10 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniperI can’t upload a video/picture from my phone for some reason. But I took one showcasing the problem. I can send it to an email or if you have some kind of work around? In the video you can see on the starting pose it’s skewed a bit, but if you change the angle/pose the shot gets progressively worse.

Message 5 of 10 (2,216 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Got one picture to upload actually.

Message 6 of 10 (2,214 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Hubble122 Thanks for the screenshot. You can upload a video to something like google drive and link it here.
Message 7 of 10 (2,197 Views)

★★ Apprentice
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TYWgy-PJ5IK7c7KphWiBu3pD6sxO2NeD/view

Here ya go. Sorry for bad quality. It was hard to tape and control everything with one hand lol
Message 8 of 10 (2,141 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No I was alone on the lot... no other sims anywhere near me...

I will have to try to take a photo and post it... I can see my sim posing and holding her phone, but it is like I am taking the photo from behind her... instead of her taking the photo of herself..

Message 9 of 10 (2,106 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Hubble122 yes! this is exactly what happens... as soon as you pose - the sim turns around with her camera but the camera angle stays as your TV screen...
Message 10 of 10 (2,105 Views)