PS4 Split Screen ISSUE.

by siriouslydrunken

Original Post

PS4 Split Screen ISSUE.

★ Apprentice

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Everywhere
Summarize your bug ‘Failed to Start Split-Screen. There is no space in the group‘
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 2nd player unable to join , when trying getting this message: ‘Failed to Start Split-Screen. There is no space in the group‘
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

‘Failed to Start Split-Screen. There is no space in the group‘ This was seems working but then got broken after the patch AGAIN. I have tried to reboot, clear PS4 data and reset licenses, nothing helps. Anyone knows how to fix this?
I saw in the patch notes for ps4 there are should be fix for this but its broke the thing at all.

Message 1 of 22 (5,247 Views)

Re: PS4 Split Screen ISSUE.

Community Manager

Thank you for the post. Is your 2nd player on a guest account or on a full one? Can you try a system restart from the power menu and see if anything changes?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 22 (5,218 Views)

Dot.: PS4 Split Screen ISSUE.

★★★ Novice
@siriouslydrunken I have the same problem, I've tryed with 2 other full accounts.
Message 3 of 22 (5,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah, this are full accounts. I had this issue on the start  but then somehow its started to work but after patch got broken again, i though its got fixed already.

Message 4 of 22 (5,194 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_David i have tried restart as well, will try full power off with power removed for a few mins to see if it helps. Is there are any other solutions to this?
Message 5 of 22 (5,192 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exact same issue. 

It didn't work at all after we spend like 60 quid on a PS4 controller, then it started working, levelled up loads on the split screen account with my partner. 

New patch came out, split screen no longer works. Me and my partner tried to get this to work all week. She literally was full on upset over this today, the game is advertised in split screen, we should be able to play split screen, we bought the damn controller, I suppose we have the option to take it all back, but that's not the point. 

HERE AEE OUR FINDINGS! (since nobody else can be bothered to investigate or fix it.)

We can get into split screen If we create a brand new guest account and reset all our levels and loose everything. Imagine this scenario, two guest accounts, new one (post patch) works, old one as guest, no longer works (game shows as full as reported above) so we Can get into split screen but only if we use a brand new guest account and loose all our progress.

Please fix this Really, really basic issue and stop ignoring people, there is an urgent bug that stops people playing multilayer, nobodies fixing it, nobodies talking about it. Or if EA knows something we don't, please, do share!

Message 6 of 22 (5,117 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have been trying to find solution yesterday and found only if I create a new guest account I can join the game but cannot play online with it. We played on 2 full account and it worked may be when I friended them as game before were allowing them to join if they are friends. Now even this broken.  

Message 7 of 22 (5,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happening for me and my partner's account too. Tried restarting, power off and etc but no fix. It was bad enough when split-screen was buggy or only working on private mode but for 48 hours we haven't been able to get it to work at all. 

Message 8 of 22 (5,041 Views)

★★★ Novice
@hollycupkake Yeah, split screen still doesn't work. It is so annoying. Please fix it! We can't create new accounts to play the game. It's pointless.
Message 9 of 22 (5,022 Views)

★ Apprentice

yeah, this is very annoying bug which need to be fixed, I got game to play with a kid as its was announced to play together but we cannot play.  

Message 10 of 22 (4,995 Views)