by SimGuruJoystick

Original Post

[PS4] Slow loading, low res textures and game freeze

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansions, game packs and stuff packs available currently.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just logging in game and playing on console.
What happens when the bug occurs? (?)
What do you expect to see? An improvement of the game, and a lot of fixes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello everyone, I am here writing because I want to state serious problems affecting console, in my case problems playing the game on PlayStation 4 Pro.

You can notice playing the game from the first moment, how much the loading pages are slow, and sometimes they get stuck, freezing the loading.

Then in the real gameplay, when you have created your family and you are going to play, you can see when you move the camera, in the variously direction how it freeze for about a second or so. //That's really annoying//

And the textures of the game in live mode, but especially those concerning the sim ( For example tattoo, make up, skin... Etc etc.)

Are really low quality, low resolution, pixelated.

Sim looks so ugly If you zoom with the camera.

I would also like to make a consideration.

On console, especially for who play with PlayStation 4 PRO and Xbox One X... You can play infinitely heavier games than The Sims 4. (Graphically and everything else)

So I wonder how a game like this can have all this problems... Having said that I really hope that all this problems could be fixed as soon as possible because I love this game and I love the idea of playing it on my console.

Message 1 of 3 (1,320 Views)

Re: [PS4] Slow loading, low res textures and game freeze

EA Sims Team

Hi there! Would it be possible to send us your save file that the issues are being seen on so we can do some research of what is going on? Below is link to sending them. Please just DM me.

Thanks!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 2 of 3 (1,263 Views)

Re: [PS4] Slow loading, low res textures and game freeze

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruJoystickHere there are some pictures concerning the textures problems
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/PS4-Pro-Sim-Skin-Textures/m-p/7247041#M3124

Actually I am on holiday so I can't send more than this :/

Message 3 of 3 (1,231 Views)