Re: sims still gets stuck in university icon

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck at Class - Multiple Sims household at Uni

Hero

@Lawte206 

The game makes automatic backups: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen. Maybe those help ?

Are you willing to send me your save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 48 (1,726 Views)

Sim stuck in class/cannot access inventory

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -island living -discover university -seasons -cats and dogs -city living -get together -get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By having the sim go to class
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will go to class in the university world. However, the sim will never leave. It will say the Sims is in class and I am not able to even access her inventory. Tried resetting her but nothing works.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to action and complete activities. Sim cannot do homework thus can never complete term.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached photos for reference 

Message 12 of 48 (1,707 Views)

Re: Sim stuck in class/cannot access inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Shade_Bringer6 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Did you switch to the other Sim while they were at class ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 48 (1,678 Views)

[PS4] Sims gets stuck in university icon (Multiple Sim household)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? february 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Du, etc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So how this bug happens is that when one of my sim attend her class, I then sent 2 other of my sim members to the gym.
What happens when the bug occurs? After arriving at the gym, the sim who still had her class suddenly left early around 9 although it says that she should finish at 9:30am. From that point, the class icon was stuck forever in her portrait. This makes me unable to see her whereabouts when I click the portrait nor I could make her go home to her dorm as there were no house icon at the bottom right of the portrait. Lastly, on the next day she is also unable to attend her class anymore although the notification says she has attended but then I still see her wandering around outside the lecture building plus no notification of the her progress appears after the time where the class is supposed to end
What do you expect to see? the class icon disappears after sim had left class and also dont make sim leave the class early when I sent other sims traveling to other lots!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Before the February 4th patch has been released. My previous sims who had graduated never experience this issue where one of them would leave their class suddenly when I make other sims travel to other lots during his/her class hours.

I’ve seen a similar case to mine where it says that this issue has already been fixed for PC platform. However Idk why this issue suddenly occurs after I downloaded the recent patch. I downloaded several lots from the gallery that has been made by other simmers so Im not sure if this also causes the bug as it could be regarded as CC. But I strongly felt that this is not the factor of what caused the issue.

I’ve seen a post made by a player who had suggest to buy another homework & textbook, as the inventory of the stuck sim couldnt be accessed thus wait until the end of the term as the class icon would disappear, but Im not willing to do that as my sim didnt even attend her class and also no notification showed up stating her progress.

I’ve also tried every possible ways such as reset sim and move household together but that stupid icon is still there no matter what. I dont want to make my sims withdrew from the term.

18DAA776-2186-4692-BBAB-3BAA081734F9.jpeg

Message 14 of 48 (1,325 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 From your picture it looks like you only have one Sim in your household. From your description, it sounds like there was more than one ?
This is actually just a symptom of a bug which is why it will re-occur even after they fixed one cause.

On PC, this is currently still open:
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-at-Class-Multiple-Sims-household-at-U...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-On-Active-Lot-but-Greyed-Out-On-Sim-List/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 48 (1,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Sorry I just want to add up. With That photo I’ve already made that sim split from my other household members and move her to other household lots to check if the icon is still there. 

Message 16 of 48 (1,312 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 Then I'm guessing you have the first issue that's also still an issue on PC.

The only way I found for stuck at class Sims is to wait till the term is over. That should unstuck them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 48 (1,300 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thats odd cause I’ve checked the post that had the same issue as me. If I’m not mistaken it was originally written by Shanz0313 and the status says it has been fixed already. Also one simguru stated on the post reply by saying that this bug should not be occurring anymore.

And with the suggested method that you have given me, Im still quite uncertain to try that as my sim did not attend her class anymore after the icon remains on her portrait. Im just afraid it will make her fail and shes gonna be on probation. 

Message 18 of 48 (1,286 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 The getting stuck icon has several causes. It's a symptom, not a bug in itself.

Something goes wrong and the icons stays as at work cause the game doesn't fully get executed.

The fixed one issue that caused this but there's still more.

So this issue that you're referring to: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sim-stuck-in-class/td-p/8430127 is different from the one with multiple household Sims but it show the same symtoms (getting stuck in class).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 48 (1,265 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

★★★★ Apprentice

@k23johansonIm just wondering, with this bug does your sim always leave their uni classes once you try to sent and switch other sims to different lots??? Because Im also currently experiencing this issue due to my sims always leaving their class early even though their time hasnt finished yet when I make other sims travel to other lots. This is why the class icon is stuck in my sims portrait as she left her class suddenly before the time ends.

Has anyone experience the same problem???

Message 20 of 48 (1,638 Views)