by Bearpal64

Original Post

[PS4] Sims Won't Change Clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? V1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything including Strangerville which was recently released.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will stay in whatever outfit they are currently in which in my case is the outdoors cold weather outfit. Even if you manually change outfits using the self option they will stay in that outfit until you switch it again.
What do you expect to see? Sims switching to appropriate outfits /state of dress.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. V1.15 but more specifically after I installed Sims 4 StrangerVille.

I'll upload screenshots later when I get home. My Sim, a new addition to the household was a townie who used to be a vendor. She didn't seem to have any home nor was she apart of the world. I don't know where she appeared from but she brought the household $20k.

Since I added her she just won't change outfits at all. I can manually change them but she won't switch by herself. Her boyfriend, he still acts normally.

IMG_20190518_063031.jpg

Message 1 of 12 (1,802 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims Won't Change Clothes

Hero
Is it possible she was also a suspect at some point ?

It does sound like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-change-to-nude-outfit/td-p/6969901

I know on console, cheating removes your achievement privileges but maybe you could try if the solution helps you and then not save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,779 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hmmm I mean it could be possible. I recently started a Sim in detective career but that was many real weeks ago and many rotations later. Pretty sure he was in Spring or Summer and I just entered Spring again.

This Sim she seemingly appeared out of nowhere and when I realized I wanted to save her cause I play with aging on I went to the manage world screen and I couldn't find her anywhere. Thanks for the info! Great work as per usual. I'm not ready to cheat yet so I'll keep trying things until I do get to that point.
Message 3 of 12 (1,766 Views)

Hero
You can als try cloning him in CAS. It would be a different Sim and you'll loose all relationships but maybe it's an option for you.

Would be interesting to know if it's the same issue though so if you could just try it on a backup or something (not really sure how that works on console though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,756 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Interesting the more I test things out the more I discover.

Try On Outfits just makes her stand in front of the mirror and play the reaction animations. She doesn't twirl or anything.

With Spa Day - Having a Mud Bath will force her into a towel outfit after.

Get Together - Change into Nude under outfits simply disappears once I select it.

Traveling did not fix it. Went to a community pool to test it.
Message 5 of 12 (1,747 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
So I tried a couple different things. I tried saving her to the library. I tried moving her out and back in. I loaded her from the library in create a Sim and she still won't change clothes.
Message 6 of 12 (1,742 Views)

Hero
Did you try creating a clone in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,736 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
How do you do that? Is it the same as adding a Sim from the library?
Message 8 of 12 (1,734 Views)

Hero

I thought you could do that in CAS but I guess I'm wrong.

GTW career clones is what I was thinking of which is a bit tedious. Saving to the library also saves the trait unfortunately.

You can use randomize Twin which make him more or less the same .. that's about the best you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,721 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I appreciate the ideas! I'm thinking without cheating and without basically recreating her (again) I'm basically stuck with a quirky Sim who bathes in her current outfit and sleeps in her current outfit lol.

I hope it's not passable through genetics 🙏
Message 10 of 12 (1,700 Views)