by jaswanie

Original Post

[PS4] Sims Canceling Actions and modifications won't save

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Ep02:1.assets.live-ep02.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work Parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat Laundry day, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play for a while, unless it is only my game
What happens when the bug occurs? - About 1/4 time I click on a action for my sim to perform (all actions, from gardening to traveling) , it get canceled (with the grey X on icon) and I have to tell my sim to do the action again in again. Sometimes it just don't work at all. If sometimes I can play an hour without any problem, at some point I am just unable to play at all and it is so frustrating. - Modifications that are supposed to save automatically won't save. (or do only 1/3 times) Ex : I spent 2 hour on modifying my restaurant, and when I got back to live mode, it was back to the way it was before. For that same restaurant, I set the menu, but it would disappear a soon as I click the ✔️ button. Same goes for modifying employees clothes. After returning to Live mode from Modify a sim, the last 1in-game hour disappeared losing all progress my sim had made. I erased that Game save because I taught maybe it was just that save that got corrupted, but the same happens with the new ones.
What do you expect to see? Well, obviously sims should do the actions without having to click on it 10 times. Changes made in build mode or modify sim mode should save and get applied when going back to live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Game worked perfectly before the last fews updates (since Get famous on ps4 launched and following game updates)

Message 1 of 6 (1,105 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims Canceling Actions and modifications won't save

EA Sims Team

Hi there! Would you happen to have a save file that you could share with us that would be easy for us to reproduce the issue? Below is a link on how to send you save files. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (1,050 Views)

★★ Novice
Unfortunately, this seems way to complicated to do on Ps4, I'm not really good with informatics. Lets hope that it will get fixed by itself or with the next update.
If nobody else have the same issue, I don't get why I do as I thought that the game should work the same for everybody on console...
Thanks for your help anyway Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (1,032 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hi there! Not a problem if you cant send the saves, I understand it can be a bit daunting but it would just save us time to see if we can reproduce the issue you are seeing. We will continue to investigate this issue and see if we can figure out what is going on. If we come up with any other questions we will let you know. Thanks for the report.

Message 4 of 6 (1,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everybody ive spoke with that plays the PS4 as this issue, Ive reported this Issue 15 time and many other and you keep deleting our post.

This issue as been on going since the release in 2017.

You don't fix anything.. i have all the same bugs since day one... The ps4 costumee service for this game is bad ... It's not bad It's horrible you ignore us constantly.

You ask for Saved files, Just play the darn game on the ps4 and you will get this bug... It's just aprt pf the game code.

Message 5 of 6 (961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just got the game brand-new and within the first week in SIM world I got this bug, I've hardly been able to play it and I've only had it for two days, please can you sort it out.

Message 6 of 6 (921 Views)