by TayyeRac

Original Post

PS4 Sims 4 Library hits File Save Limit - CAUSES Library File CORRUPTION

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Kids Room Stuff, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff, Jungle Adventure, 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spooky Stuff, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'd like to send my PS4 'My Library' Save file (134.3 MB) file so the Development Team can witness first hand. All you need to do is either create a Sim or Save anything from the Online Gallery then it will trigger the error. I've tested this several times over. I am at the limit (whatever limit that may be) of saving.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message: [Gallery item failed to download. Please try again.] [Your library is full! You won't be able to save additional items to the library until you delete items from your library.] Even after deleting items the error will often reoccur. *This is during gameplay (building, customizing a sim, on the Map Lot Selection Screen and Not at the Title Screen* Close the game then Start the game again then this message will show up: [__Corrupted Data__] "Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted. This saved data will be deleted. [OK]... If I did not have a back up all my works and save collections would've been gone forever!
What do you expect to see? Saving the Household or Lot to my Gallery WITHOUT corrupting my Library Save and Deleting it instantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, Kids Room Stuff, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff, Jungle Adventure, 4 Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spooky Stuff, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'd like to send my PS4 'My Library' Save file (134.3 MB) file so the Development Team can witness first hand. All you need to do is either create a Sim or Save anything from the Online Gallery then it will trigger the error. I've tested this several times over. I am at the limit (whatever limit that may be) of saving.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message: [Gallery item failed to download. Please try again.] [Your library is full! You won't be able to save additional items to the library until you delete items from your library.] Even after deleting items the error will often reoccur. *This is during gameplay (building, customizing a sim, on the Map Lot Selection Screen and Not at the Title Screen* Close the game then Start the game again then this message will show up: [__Corrupted Data__] "Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted. This saved data will be deleted. [OK]... If I did not have a back up all my works and save collections would've been gone forever!
What do you expect to see? Saving the Household or Lot to my Gallery WITHOUT corrupting my Library Save and Deleting it instantly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

On the question of Error Occurring in a specific patch, this also happened before 1.45 however I deleted the majority of Maxis items in My Library then a few weeks later after 1.45 My Library eached its Limit and the Error Reoccured.

P. S. This type of corruption error I can remember from Any Other PS4 Game was PlayStation MineCraft before it became BedRock edition years ago. Other than that Sims to my knowledge is the only Recent Game that has the Corruption File Error.

Message 1 of 2 (532 Views)

Re: PS4 Sims 4 Library hits File Save Limit - CAUSES Library File CORRUPTION

★★★ Novice

Hi I’m having the same exact issue right now! What did you do to regain your library saves? Also when you said “ If I did not have a back up all my works and save
collections would've been gone forever! " Do you mean saving you game under ( My Saved Games) ?? If not can you explain that more please and thank you 

Message 2 of 2 (395 Views)