[PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

by kushxxo

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Game Keeps Crashing - Error Code 34878-0

★ Guide

I have done all of the things listed, up to and including uninstalling and reinstalling the game - which took hours) and the game still constantly crashes. It’s always at a loading screen - going from Build Mode into Live Mode, exiting CAS into Live Mode, going from Manage World into a household. It crashes multiple times each time I play. I have submitted numerous error reports via my PS4 when the game has crashed (those reports are under the gamer tag ChelleBelle716). I have stopped short of reinitializing my PS4 simply because I’ve read too many other threads of users with the same problem who did reinitialize their PS4 and it did not help. If I had faith it would actually help, I’d be happy to spend the hours it would take to do that - but I don’t have any faith based on what other users have experienced when they did it. Needless to say, it’s very frustrating. The game is sooooo much fun, but the constant crashing makes it hard to play. And on the PS4, it takes the game 8 - 10 minutes to load so when you crash multiple times, you can spend a half an hour or more just watching the game repeatedly loading instead of actually playing. Beyond frustrating. :-( 

Message 231 of 377 (1,833 Views)

★ Guide

Sadly, I have not. I have done everything suggested, including uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing has helped. I know they suggest reinitializing your PS4 but I’m really reluctant to do that because it will take hours, and from reading other users posts who have done it, it doesn’t help either. :-( 

Message 232 of 377 (1,832 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don’t do it. I did everything multiple times. Lost save files complely 3 times (they vanished). And it still crashes just the same in new save files too. Keep reporting 🙂

Message 233 of 377 (1,785 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @KEW0701, at this point I think it'd be best to add your thread to the megathread on crashes that were an issue before the patch, so you can stay notified on any new steps or updates for those crashes.

@Shadowfax1004 if you've just started experiencing those crashes please join another thread, this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-XB1-PS4-June-3-Patch-crash/m-p/9167930#M1... .The causes for the crashes may not be the same as they started at different times and we'll need to track them separately.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 234 of 377 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_LannaThank you but it is not. It’s an ongoing problem for over a year now. I’ve been complaining on this forum before and keep reporting all the crashes with description and video.

To avoid confusion my response was mainly at KEW0701 reinitializing her PS4. Not to go into details but that’s a serious task that will wipe everything and everyone off the system.

And to clarify, I play on PS4 pro with plenty of free space, system is up to date, so is Sims, I reinstalled game, restarted console, rebuilt database, sent you save files, backed up my data (and it can’t be loaded again once save file vanishes)... did all that multiple times. At the end reinitialized PS4. That was a nightmare. And game still crashes (mainly while loading travelling screen, moving household, going into CAS, switching from BB to CAS etc). Starting a new save file will temporarily stop crashing but only for few days and then it’s back in full force.

I also own 100+ games (a lot of them by EA), and have no issues with any other, very rarely will anything crash. Been raising this issue with respect as an avid simmer for 20 years now in hopes you guys will figure out what’s going on and we can all keep enjoing our game. Had no issues yet with a new update except wathing a movie goes in loop for hours (I’ll jinx myself lol).

Stay safe everyone 🙂

Message 235 of 377 (1,404 Views)

Re: Error meaning ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same issue, PS4, no cheats or mods but various packs installed. Was playing just fine, toddler aged up and went into CAS to edit outfit, came out of CAS and got this error. Tried restarting game and console but keep getting this error when loading household... This is my generation challenge save so I’m pretty bummed

EDIT: just installed the 1.26 update and a PS4 system update and this is still not resolved.

Message 236 of 377 (1,413 Views)

Game crashes when saving and in build mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP08:1.assets.live-gp08.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Eco Lifestyle and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Loading my save and then go into the build mode. Once you return from the build mode to the game, it crashes. It doesn’t happen every time, but it’s happening more and more than it did before.
What happens when the bug occurs? I receive an error message CE-34878-0.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to return from the build mode to my game without the game crashing. The last crash, I tried saving my game, and the game crashed without saving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent June 3rd update. The crashing was a lot worse to where I couldn’t even play, but then I installed the 1.26 version update. But now, I can’t use build more or save my game without it crashing. Sometimes it crashes and then sometimes it doesn’t. I don’t know why it’s doing it.

The crashing happens randomly when I enter build mode, create a sim, and saving. It doesn’t happen every time, but it’s happening more frequently then the rare occurrences than it did before the new update.

Message 237 of 377 (1,374 Views)

Re: Game crashes when saving and in build mode

Hero
@Eve_ning92star Merged your post with the mega thread on that

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 238 of 377 (1,341 Views)

[PS4] Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? gp06.109
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything. (Including eco)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I load a family on my game, it gives me this error. (made a new save as well and same problem)
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a blue screen, followed by error code CE-34878-0
What do you expect to see? I expect to play my game that I put tons of money into...instead im getting this error and cant play the game at all!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this happen after the hotfix on June 5th.

I'm really pissed off that I cant even play my sims game now...I keep getting this error on ps4...I bought the eco pack yesterday as well...I dont know if that's the problem. Whenever I load a family, it looks like its loading then crashes and gives me Error CE-34878-0.

I have deleted my game, reinstalled it TWICE! I have made a NEW SAVE! and get the same problem..Fix your dam game!! the patch from yesterday did nothing!!! bs 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 239 of 377 (2,049 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Error CE-34878-0

Hero
@kushxxo Don't know if this is a more generic crashing issues as you say it also happens on a fresh save which is atypical for the current known crashing issue

Did the crashes start before or after you installed Eco ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 240 of 377 (2,032 Views)