by Figblat

Original Post

[PS4] Sim Actions without Indicators/Icons

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition, City Living, Dine Out, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for random friendly/romantic NPC sims to interact with your active sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will interact with each other without any action icons appearing in the action bar or queue. Normally if you are interacting with a sim, you are able to click on the action icon to force quit the interaction, or prevent a queued interaction from ever executing to begin with. But many times they will perform actions on each other without any action icons appearing. For instance, a sim's NPC boyfriend will come up to her and hug or kiss her randomly, interrupting a meal or reading a book, etc. without any icons appearing for a "Be hugged/kissed" action.
What do you expect to see? Action icons appearing as with any other interactions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Maybe it's an intended change since I last played. I noticed it is similar to how, when you invite a sim over to your house and first interact with them, they will perform a "greeting" action, such as a hug, kiss or a wave, without any action icon, and then continue with the queued action you chose. The difference is that this particular thing I'm talking about happens even after they've greeted each other, and interrupts an ongoing action. It can be completely random, like when my sim is in the middle of eating dinner or reading a book, and a visiting sim or household member will just come over and hug/kiss them (depending upon relationship), causing my sim to stand up and temporarily stop eating/reading (whatever they're doing at the time, and usually putting the food or book in their inventory for the time being), and there is no action icon in the action bar or queue to click for cancelling the interaction. They just force themselves on my sim.

Now, that said, I'm okay with it happening if it's an intended feature. If this is supposed to be like a random, "Hello! *kiss*" sort of thing as the two pass by each other or spend time together, that's cute. It's a bit odd that it interrupts what a sim is doing in such an abrupt way, but I can live with it. I just reported it here in case it is NOT an intended feature.

Message 1 of 1 (274 Views)