by crinrict

Original Post

[PS4] Relationships not accurate in relationship menu

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Discover University Toddler stuff Kids room stuff Parenthood Fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I believe anyone who has played the game for a long period of time and had many relationships including romantic ones with different Sims would possibly have found this bug too.
What happens when the bug occurs? When accessing the relationship start at the bottom right corner of the screen the various Sims showing their will not have the correct relationship status applied to them or they will have multiple conflicting relationships applied to them. This does cause issue with the soulmate aspiration as my Sims partner cannot achieve the soulmate status.
What do you expect to see? I expect the displayed relationships on the individual Sims in the relationship tab to reflect the effort I put into those relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I do not feel as though I would be able to give an accurate patch number as I have not been playing this game long enough to keep tabs on these things.

Sorry for the low resolution image. As you can see my relationship with Katlin is full on both bars yet we are recognised as acquaintances. And raelyn is both just a good friend and also a best friend.

Message 1 of 9 (1,287 Views)

Re: Relationships not accurate in relationship menu

★★★★ Guide
@Methodraptor First keep in mind the text and that bar only show long term relationship, this includes love interests family ties friends good friends. The daily relationship status is on the sims themselves. This is why you see two friends + with socials 1 goes to daily and one goes to long term status.

Is Katlin and Raelynn supposed to be romantic interests because best friends locks the Romantic bar. This may be why the soulmate thing is not clearing. At least that is what I figured out.
Message 2 of 9 (1,250 Views)

Champion
@Methodraptor Best Friend is its own special status, in addition to Good Friend, so it's normal that they both appear together. They don't replace each other.

The acquaintances with full relationship bars though, is a bug. Not sure if you can work around it by trying to trigger a status update which usually happens if their bars go up or down - like by having their friendship drop and then go back up again?
Message 3 of 9 (1,243 Views)

★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9 wrote:
@MethodraptorFirst keep in mind the text and that bar only show long term relationship, this includes love interests family ties friends good friends. The daily relationship status is on the sims themselves. This is why you see two friends + with socials 1 goes to daily and one goes to long term status.

Is Katlin and Raelynn supposed to be romantic interests because best friends locks the Romantic bar. This may be why the soulmate thing is not clearing. At least that is what I figured out.

Becoming best friends from my memory does not lock the romantic bar as I was best friends with Katlin and also her soulmate at one point. It was only after I went after the serial romantic aspiration that these bugs occurred. Or at least I think so, I could be wrong about that as I did not check during completing this aspiration.

Message 4 of 9 (1,218 Views)

★★ Novice

@simvasion wrote:
@MethodraptorBest Friend is its own special status, in addition to Good Friend, so it's normal that they both appear together. They don't replace each other.

The acquaintances with full relationship bars though, is a bug. Not sure if you can work around it by trying to trigger a status update which usually happens if their bars go up or down - like by having their friendship drop and then go back up again?

Yes unfortunately I have tried that and it did not work My real life partner said thatit doesn't affect gameplay which to an extent is true however it does affect the completion of the soulmate aspiration unfortunately.

Message 5 of 9 (1,216 Views)

Re: [PS4] Relationships not accurate in relationship menu

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Methodraptor Does acquiring the soul mate status work with another Sim or does the relationship also get stuck ?

There's a PC thread on not able to become soulmates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-can-t-become-soulmates/td-p/7905918/ (PC) but it's a bit unclear what's causing it and QA is looking for saves.

Is this the only Sim you have issues with the status being wrong ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MethodraptorOh, did I say the romatic bar, Anyways what I meant is Best friends using that marker just allows you to access to higher friendship status even if the relationship goes down, but I think you can only have one best friend.

Now that I know what asperation your trying to get if other sims that are love interest, you can't get the soulmate thing to click until you only have one romatic interest. Another thing is if other sims if your romatic interest see your sim do anything romatic with another they will get a debuff that lowers their romatic relationship with your sims. It makes it tough.

Message 7 of 9 (1,155 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@MethodraptorDoes acquiring the soul mate status work with another Sim or does the relationship also get stuck ?

There's a PC thread on not able to become soulmates here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-can-t-become-soulmates/td-p/7905918/ (PC) but it's a bit unclear what's causing it and QA is looking for saves.

Is this the only Sim you have issues with the status being wrong ?

As far as I am aware, yes.

Message 8 of 9 (1,099 Views)

Hero
@Methodraptor Could you try moving the Sim out and back in to see if that fixes the status ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,072 Views)