by KCrayog

Original Post

[PS4] Progression between lots not saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, City Living, Vampires, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to a lot, have conversations, make friends, interact, get collectables, anything...then come back to the home lot, and possibly any other lot and verify that everything done in the previous lot hasn't registered in the game, as if the previous autosave as loaded.
What happens when the bug occurs? In one of the cases when this occurred i traveled to a neighbours lot, became friends, got some collectibles around the world while the neighbor house was loaded, and then loaded back to my home lot. Everything that happened there was erased, i never even met the sim in my relationship tab. This happened another time aswell, after visiting a lounge in San Myshuno. I played with families in San Myshuno and Oasis Springs and I've only noticed this happening while playing with a family living in Oasis Springs. Besides relationships not registering, my needs also came back to the state they were when i left the original lot, as aswell as the day time. It was really like the game reverted to an autosave made by the the game as I was travelling.
What do you expect to see? i expect the game to save progress made between lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4, City Living, Vampires, Perfect Patio Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to a lot, have conversations, make friends, interact, get collectables, anything...then come back to the home lot, and possibly any other lot and verify that everything done in the previous lot hasn't registered in the game, as if the previous autosave as loaded.
What happens when the bug occurs? In one of the cases when this occurred i traveled to a neighbours lot, became friends, got some collectibles around the world while the neighbor house was loaded, and then loaded back to my home lot. Everything that happened there was erased, i never even met the sim in my relationship tab. This happened another time aswell, after visiting a lounge in San Myshuno. I played with families in San Myshuno and Oasis Springs and I've only noticed this happening while playing with a family living in Oasis Springs. Besides relationships not registering, my needs also came back to the state they were when i left the original lot, as aswell as the day time. It was really like the game reverted to an autosave made by the the game as I was travelling.
What do you expect to see? i expect the game to save progress made between lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No
‌The problem seems like it's related to some saving problem, in my ignorant opinion off course. I haven't checked playing around with this problem since the latest patch, from November 21, so i can't comment on that. I will check and see if it's still happens. Thank you for the attention.

Message 1 of 9 (1,250 Views)

[XB]Sim reverted to last save upon travel

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Upgrade, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to a location and use the travel function to go home, instead of clicking on self to go home.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I traveled, it was somewhere around 9pm, as I just went outside in Forgotten Hollow to feed. I traveled to Willow Creek and it was suddenly 7am. I traveled back home and all of my items I just bought were gone, the plants I evolved were unevolved and I checked my skills that I had recently maxed out (Logic and Gardening) and they were both back at level 9. My career was also not to start for two days, like it was when I first loaded the game today, instead of starting in 15 hours like it was before traveling.
What do you expect to see? I expect that traveling using the phone won't revert my game to it's last save.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It wasn't a huge setback but it was about an hour and a half of real time progress that was erased in a minute.
Message 2 of 9 (1,167 Views)

Re: [XB]Sim reverted to last save upon travel

★★ Novice
I get the same thing, getting pretty bored of playing the same thing over and over so I hope they fix it soon!
Message 3 of 9 (1,124 Views)

Sims 4 for ps4 glitching hard

★★★ Newbie
My sims 4 game glitches too hard if i have progress that i made in visiting another sims house all of it is lost when i go back home and the camera is very annoying.......and in previous sims games you are able to control one sim by clicking L3
Message 4 of 9 (1,140 Views)

Re: Sims 4 for ps4 glitching hard

★ Guide

This happens to me when I  select my sim and then the "go home" option. I found that you can get around it and not lose all your progress if you open up the phone, select "travel", then pick your sim's house to go home. It's a little extra work, but at least you don't lose your progress. Hope this helps you Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (1,122 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Dotrimell12, @AncientHylian,

I've joined your posts to this report, as you are describing the same problem.

Thanks for sharing your workaround, @AncientHylian and @KCrayog! XP for you.

Thanks everyone for your reports!
-Mai
Message 6 of 9 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks, EA_Mai But as much as I like getting XP, our workarounds aren't much of a workaround as my problem occurred when using the phone to travel, my workaround was clicking on my Sim and having it go home and hylian had the opposite problem with the opposite solution. I really hope we can get it resolved but it seems clear that the problem exists on both modes of transportation (phone and clicking Sim) and neither of our fixes is a guarantee.
Message 7 of 9 (1,072 Views)

EA app Team

I saw, @KCrayog, but as for some reason for you one works, and for AncientHylian the opposite is helping, those having the problem can try and see if one or the other helps for them.

I'm aware it's not a fix, nor a guarantee, but it might help others so thanks for sharing that information Standard smile

-Mai

Message 8 of 9 (1,064 Views)

★ Guide

KCrayog, you are playing on the Xbox, you said? I am playing on the Ps4. Maybe that's why our problems and solutions are slightly different. At least we found a workaround for now :P

Message 9 of 9 (1,052 Views)