by celiboy77

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [S] No trick or treaters showing up on halloween

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All ep and sp except for my first pet and tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So during halloween season, I didnt see any kids or teens showing up in front of my house door for trick or treating.
What happens when the bug occurs? I waited the whole day but no one came. My sims lives in del sol valley and his lot/house has a celebrity house trait, so Im not sure if a lot with this type of trait might affect this. I only see paparazis showing up.
What do you expect to see? Child or teen sims showing up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I dont if this bug is due to the fact that my sims lives in del sol valley or it might be due to the celebrity house trait. I saw someone posted this type of bug in 2018 and looks like the issue they found out is because there are not enough child or teen npcs in the game. However in my game, there are about 10 teen sims npcs so i dont think thats the problem.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Version Number

Message 1 of 11 (2,290 Views)

Re: [PS4] No trick or treaters showing up on halloween

★★★★★ Guide
@celiboy77 The trick or treaters seem to be very rare at best. I've seen them appear. I've seen none appear at all. Once I had one in an apartment building. I don't know why they don't get spawned on the holiday every time.
Message 2 of 11 (2,208 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bearpal64 well my case was different. My sim lives in del sol valley and not a single teen/kid appears in front of my house even though my game has tons of kids and teens npcs. But then I also used to have a sim household that lives in oasis springs and kids/teens always actively spawned during halloween. I dont know abt apartments though cause I never make my sim lived there. Maybe the Del sol valley lot just doesnt support children to come to the lot as there are already paparazzis standing in front of it everytime. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,180 Views)

Hero
@celiboy77 Do you have speed on 3 or is this in normal speed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,151 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict idk i have to check. Anyways what does speed have anything to do with this bug?

Message 5 of 11 (2,124 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @celiboy77 

For performance reasons, NPC walkbys are reduced during super speed 3.  They are more likely to spawn at lower time speeds.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 11 (2,082 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @SimQARobo hi i know this is a late response in regards to this bug but i just tested the halloween seasons again on normal and 2x speed. Still no child or teens showed up in my del sol valley lot. I guess the Del sol valley world does not support trick or treaters might be due to paparazzis spawning. Not sure if others experience the same.

Message 7 of 11 (2,036 Views)

★★★ Novice
@celiboy77 After 2 years, the bug seems to be still active. I'm playing in Del Sol Valley Chateau Peak lot and NO kids showed up on Halloween for 5 generations.
Message 8 of 11 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Guide
@celiboy77 Me too, this is happening in cottage living also, I tried the holiday twice and nothing. I’m giving it one more chance and then I’m giving up and removing the activity from the holiday. Do you have to live in the base game worlds ONLY? seriously what gives !
Message 9 of 11 (1,223 Views)

Re: [S] No trick or treaters showing up on halloween

★★ Pro

Hmm I've had this happen too but definitely not always. More like 25 % of the time none show up. I've had trick or treaters come in Cottage living world too. Maybe it helped that there were teenagers and kids living in that neighbourhood/world but can't say for sure if it has any impact.. Still it doesn't cost much to try so maybe you could test if it helps if you put some kids & teens in households in the world/neighbourhood?

Message 10 of 11 (1,168 Views)