Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS4] No filters in CAS, can't change outfit filter

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.12
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Patio, Luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select management for the pancakes family Go to her Athletic outfit tab Choose rings under accessories Try to remove the per-selected "Athletic" filter. It can not be removed and by extension neither can the ring
What happens when the bug occurs? When in CAS using the outfit category filter... either multiple filters or the entire filter drop-down list is missing and not accessible. Without the ability to remove a filter for an Outfit Category there is no way to remove any item that have been already added through randomly pre-created, downloaded form library, or otherwise. As well as no way to add items from any other category not the selected. (not sure if there may be other missing filters)
What do you expect to see? Outfit Category filter and all available categories always accessible in CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? 1.12
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Patio, Luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select management for the pancakes family Go to her Athletic outfit tab Choose rings under accessories Try to remove the per-selected "Athletic" filter. It can not be removed and by extension neither can the ring
What happens when the bug occurs? When in CAS using the outfit category filter... either multiple filters or the entire filter drop-down list is missing and not accessible. Without the ability to remove a filter for an Outfit Category there is no way to remove any item that have been already added through randomly pre-created, downloaded form library, or otherwise. As well as no way to add items from any other category not the selected. (not sure if there may be other missing filters)
What do you expect to see? Outfit Category filter and all available categories always accessible in CAS
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 12 (9,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] No filters in CAS, can't change outfit filter

EA Staff

Hi @willprot

You should be to Clear All Filters via the Y/Triangle button on the Xbox One/PS4 controller. The Filter Panel has to be open in order to clear the filters. The Controller Layout will show the controls while accessing the Filter Panel.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (9,117 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PS4] No filters in CAS, can't change outfit filter

EA Staff

Hi @willprot

You should be to Clear All Filters via the Y/Triangle button on the Xbox One/PS4 controller. The Filter Panel has to be open in order to clear the filters. The Controller Layout will show the controls while accessing the Filter Panel.

Message 2 of 12 (9,118 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Can't Remove (deselect) some filters in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all except island living, parenthood, and a couple of game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS, there are many categories it happens but go to sleep category try to select a hat. the per-selected "Sleep" filter can not be removed as it is not listed and by extension no hats can be added at all. The same happens if a random item is added that you want to remove, you can't remove it's out of the filter scope
What happens when the bug occurs? The filters stop you from adding or removing clothing items when in CAS. PS4 has no cursor so we can not  simply click and remove filters we don't ever, the MUST appear on the list but many never do
What do you expect to see? The category I'm in on the filter list so I can disable it. EVEN BETTER a way to clear ALL FILTERS. People are smart enough to add filters if needed. With no filters we can look through ALL items and choose what we want... starting with filters you can't remove blocks content completely so that's the wrong way to default the system

Message 3 of 12 (8,476 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PS4] Can't Remove some filters in CAS

Hero (Retired)

@willprot  You can't remove the outfit category filters in the CAS, but you can press the Square to bring up the filters. You can select the outfit category, then you can then filter items by every day, which will show all items available, and add or remove items from outfits with the everyday category selected.

Message 4 of 12 (8,423 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper haven't checked to see if this is fixed in a while but to be clear I meant the filter can not be cleared/deselected (i.e. removed)

When I pressed square the filter was NOT showing up on the list but it was still checked off, that was the problem as described above so I was unable to remove any items that were already added as they were hidden by the filter.

I'll check to see if it has been fixed
Message 5 of 12 (8,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@willprot  @crinrict  I found the issue (I think). In the CAS, the earrings and the rings do not have the outfit category in the filter section. It is consistently missing across all outfits.

The Sims™ 4_20191206095634.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191206095700.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20191206100508.jpg

So if a sim is wearing these items in an outfit that doesn't typically allow them, like sleep. They can not be removed because the filter won't allow you to select any outfit category for them for the items to appear. This was in the "Plan Outfit" interaction at the mirror.

Message 6 of 12 (8,322 Views)

Hero

@PoptartJuniper 

do you not have this to remove them. Like click on the x ?

ClearRing.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (8,312 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict No, we select the category (where you have an x to take it off we don't) then to add or remove an item we select it in the menu. The only toggles are by selecting the items directly. 

The outfits have filters assigned to every item, but they can be changed in the filter menu, but rings and earrings are missing the outfit category completely in the filter. 

Message 8 of 12 (8,304 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper That does sound like an problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (8,296 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict @willprot  So I had someone else ask about this on the console board and I while I was looking for this thread, I found this one! So you can clear the filters completely by pressing the square to bring up the filter, and then pressing the triangle. The SimGuru gave an answer in the other thread and his solution is valid. 

Message 10 of 12 (8,147 Views)