by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

[PS4] No diploma at graduation, but did receive the graduate picture

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22.93.3400 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard, Tiny Living, Toddler, Fitness FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m unsure, but my sim is a mermaid who graduated from Foxbury after 4 terms and lived in Maritime Manor. She should have received the distinguished degree in economics. She is also a Chief Sustainability Officer in the conservation career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim receives graduate picture but no diploma
What do you expect to see? I expect to receive both the graduate picture and the diploma.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the first sim that has graduated from university. However, I recently updated to 1.22.93.3400 (64 Bit) and installed the Tiny Living, Toddler, and Fitness stuff packs.

Message 1 of 5 (13,145 Views)

Re: [PS4] No diploma at graduation, but did receive the graduate picture

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen If this is what happened to your Sim that doesn't move out then that's probably the same issue. The process didn't properly for whatever reason.

Same question as in your other report: Did they go to the graduation and did it go through or did it cancel out at some point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (13,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I think they are probably connected, but I wanted to make two separate reports since they’re technically different issues.
Yes, my sim went to graduation, and it didn’t cancel. I don’t believe she had a hat though ( For some reason she had a bow in her hair?) which seemed weird. However the group threw their hats into the air, but I was distracted and didn’t see if she somehow joined in.

Interestingly, she now has her diploma after moving back “home”, then moving to a different lot in Sulani, building a tiny home, and then traveling back to the Britchester library. I believe she received it when she traveled back to Britechester since I didn’t see it in her inventory when I built the house or while I was putting her inventory items in it. So, maybe just traveling back to the DU world is all it took? 

So maybe traveling back to Britechester after moving to another lot is a work around if anyone else has this issue?

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 5 (13,091 Views)

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen Could also be a time thing. How long did you wait after graduation before reporting this ? I would make a habit of playing for a least a day. I'm not exactly sure anymore and can't test right now, but I think the move-out/ diploma doesn't happen right after graduation but at a certain time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (13,074 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It was two or three sim days before I reported it. She had also received the graduation portrait, just not the diploma which seems strange.

Message 5 of 5 (13,070 Views)